Discussion » Questions » Holidays » Are you doing anything special for Father's Day?

Are you doing anything special for Father's Day?

Today I'm spending the 106-degree weather at my parents' house (thankfully they have a pool). My dad is really into home brewing, so I got him several gifts related to that. We'll go out to dinner later too :) My dad's notoriously difficult to shop for, but this year it's been a bit easier. 

Posted - June 18, 2017

Responses

My dad is dead.  I have no fathers in my immediate circle to honor.  

SO, no.
      June 18, 2017 10:24 AM MDT

• Sorry to hear that--my grandfather isn't doing too well, but he is 85. We visited him yesterday. 
      June 18, 2017 10:40 AM MDT

I was just reminded it was Fathers day by my sons friend a few minutes ago. My son is still sleeping and I just put his son down for his nap. He is the only father I know as my father is dead and my sons father just died last October.  Ill have to think of something fast to celebrate fathers day for my son. Maybe Ill cook him dinner. On second thought, yikes, maybe Ill take him out. ;+ 
      June 18, 2017 10:35 AM MDT

• Sounds nice :) My dad is the main cook in the house, so he cooked breakfast this morning before I had a chance to offer to do it myself! But I think maybe he'd rather go out to dinner tonight. 
      June 18, 2017 10:39 AM MDT

HAHAHAHHA my son just woke up and I offered to cook some fish for dinner tonight. He politely declined and said he would take me out to dinner with his girlfriend and his son. ;+ 
      June 18, 2017 10:58 AM MDT

wish i could but both my parents are gone
      June 18, 2017 1:35 PM MDT

Sit on my butt all day and do nothing. My children called me, but that is about all. We don't celebrate silly Hallmark holidays.
      June 18, 2017 2:43 PM MDT

• Pretending it does not exist.
      June 18, 2017 8:00 PM MDT

I didn't do much of anything today. I had the day off of work which was nice, and I'll see my dad next week. I live pretty far from my parents. I do know that today is a brutal day for a lot of people so shout out to those who are having a hard time.
      June 18, 2017 8:27 PM MDT