Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » What are the negative effects of a childs life that lacks a father?

What are the negative effects of a childs life that lacks a father?

children growing up fatherless or without a father roll while growing up. Share links or statistics. 

Posted - June 18, 2017

Responses

I grew up without a father. Lack of confidence perhaps? Perseverance and pride. That is just personal experience. My mother was not that great of a person though. ;( 
      June 18, 2017 12:51 PM MDT

they miss out on a good role model
      June 18, 2017 1:28 PM MDT

You ask for stats and links.. normally i am right there and love lookin things up.. but I'm trying to eat my japanese curry.. so don't be lazy and look it up yourself :P  (I am being jokey there by the way, Brit sense of humour!) 

I think kids can grow up ok without a dad and a  bad dad is worse than none at all imo...  My daughter doesn't get on with her dad.. they are too alike, both very fiery and stubborn and both say exactly the wrong thing to each other.. no tact... and off they go.... but even so she loves him and so i think overall she is better with a dad than not in her life.
      June 18, 2017 2:30 PM MDT

" I think kids can grow up ok without a dad and a  bad dad is worse than none at all imo... "

I agree, Adaydreambeliever. 
      June 18, 2017 5:24 PM MDT

• I wish I could have experienced this.
      June 18, 2017 8:18 PM MDT

Children of divorce live five years less on average. (See: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/katie-hafner/divorces-surprising-effec_b_842892.html)
      June 18, 2017 8:37 PM MDT

Shocking finding there! That's interesting. 
      June 19, 2017 7:44 AM MDT