Discussion » Questions » Music » It simply will not leave and I'm not complaining but . . .

It simply will not leave and I'm not complaining but . . .

. . . I have more than once posted about singer/songwriter Tanita Tikaram  lately on answermug.

. . . her "Twist in my Sobriety" song simply stays and stay and stays in my heart and soul and I love it all somehow

. . .  is there song that, like "Twist" for me, is a song from your past and it re-enters your life with a bang and just lingers, desiring to be heard?

(and the music video to "Twist in my Sobriety" is superb, as is the song)

Posted - June 18, 2017

Responses

Why do I not see typos until after I post a question? That could be another question I should post/ask.

"stayS"

" is there A song"

June 18, 2017 4:46 PM MDT

Welby, being the "typo queen" that I am, I am thankful most people read over them or fill in the blanks.  People who know you and care about what you have to say won't even see them.  I know it is disheartening because you are trying to share an idea and you are literate.  You take pride in what you post and that is important. I do too. But, just so you know, not only do I not catch mine, :(  I rarely, if ever catch or see yours :).  Don't worry! Have fun and we know you are intelligent and very knowledgeable. :)
      June 18, 2017 5:24 PM MDT

Hey, thanks, Merlin! You are kind and great! I'm ever humbled by so many of the things you have kindly said to me.
    :)
      June 18, 2017 5:27 PM MDT

Awww, thank you Welby!  You are worth it and a great friend.  Have a Super Sunday!! :) :)
      June 18, 2017 5:35 PM MDT

Ditto!
    Thanks, you, too!!
      June 18, 2017 5:37 PM MDT

• There's a lot of songs that have held a special place in my life. While living in Arizona, a song about a legend became a daily fantasy for me. I spent many hours, each day, trying to learn more of what the song had to say. Even now, it kindles that old flame.

Walter Brennan - "Dutchman's Gold"

June 19, 2017 11:45 AM MDT

Strange, pretty little song.

I liked the singers singing better than Walter's talking!

Thanks for answering, ALF, and I hope somehow the gold gets to you!

Oh, and this was a real guy, I assume? In the video is a small stone marker with a guy's name on it.
      June 19, 2017 12:25 PM MDT

• And you'd probably like Walter talking better than Walter singing!
    The mine is named after German immigrant Jacob Waltz (c. 1810–1891) ... he was real.
      June 19, 2017 12:38 PM MDT

I laughed out loud at your comment about Walter singing , ha!

That's all really interesting, just the little that you've shared! Thanks!
    I wasn't sure form the song - - but you've said there's an actual mine there. I thought it may have been just a mountain.
      June 19, 2017 12:43 PM MDT

• I don't know if the mine has ever been found, but a lot of people that went into the Superstitions never came out again. Some say that the Apaches guard the mine and if you get too close ... you don't come home.

This is something that people used to say and is part of the legend. I don't live there anymore, so I'm not sure the Legend lives on, but there used to be all kinds to tales, clues, etc. that were passed around about the story. I believe they even have guided tours into the Superstitions if you've a mind to. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at August 22, 2017 12:12 PM MDT
      June 19, 2017 7:33 PM MDT

Thanks for adding more details! I've never heard of any of this before, cool!

For some reason, I like the idea of the Apaches guarding the mine.
      June 20, 2017 9:26 AM MDT