Active Now

Danilo_G
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » What is it you like or dislike about Facebook?

What is it you like or dislike about Facebook?

I figured I'd give facebook another try lately.. I sometimes chat here or there with a few people in a live chat, but rarely post anymore as I never got any feedback. I figured, well, most of my 'friends' are ppl from high school that I was never even really friends with LOL, and also some from college too that were kind of just acquaintances. yet I have liked SO many various people's posts over the last few  years and they have never liked mine.. not even once. Today I posted a quote, not even one like or reply. I cannot post pics b/c my phone needs some kind of promo code (its a prepaid) so most of my posts are quotes or just cool things I find online too... it REALLY has bummed me out that no one , ever, has liked or commented.. not even my two close friends in which i like MANY things of theirs .. are they not seeing my post or??? What do you like or dislike about FB?

Posted - June 18, 2017

Responses

Actually I use it as a marketing tool. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at June 19, 2017 7:52 AM MDT
      June 19, 2017 5:29 AM MDT

Perhaps they aren't following you any longer since you haven't been on for a while.  Check your settings to see if what you post is going public.
      June 19, 2017 9:03 AM MDT

I like Facebook for keeping up to date with family members. Most of my family, especially my older relatives, get quite a kick out of posting graduation pictures or new baby updates, and I like that a lot of the information is in one place so it helps us stay more connected wherever we are. I rarely use Facebook for interacting with my personal close friends or sharing thoughts/images/etc. I do my "fun" social media on Twitter and forums like this. I think it's hard to interact deeply on Facebook.
      June 19, 2017 9:48 AM MDT

I don't have an account (and never will), therefore I cannot answer your query. If people get in trouble using it, that is their fault and I don't give a crap about any of them.
      June 19, 2017 2:16 PM MDT

Yeah you are not missing much; it's liek this big popularity thing you know? Who has the perfect selfie, who traveled to where this month, who had another baby, and what did you EAT for dinner??? lol. I used to liek it b/c it seemed people wanted to talk about philosophical things, and now its just pics of someone's dinner they made and how they 'rocked it'.... I like AM much better, it seems people want to INTERACT with each other lol.
      June 19, 2017 9:17 PM MDT

i like facebook but i hate the way people will friend me and never message me,
      June 19, 2017 2:44 PM MDT

This is a perfect example of why I don't use it much for social purposes. I think sometimes Facebook users like to build up their friends lists without actually working to maintain real friends. Yay, internet. 
      June 19, 2017 7:43 PM MDT

Exactly. Or on the other hand they constantly post EVERY. SINGLE. THING. they are doing or feeling, every day. It's like, OK we get it, you are having a crappy day AGAIN. or,  awesome, we LOVE your 56th selfie !!!! hahaha... It just frustrates me b/c I feel if I even talk about myself for mor e than a few mins ppl won't want to hear it, but each and every time I'm on FB that is ALL anyone is doing ... even my good friends. I just want to take a huge break from it.
      June 19, 2017 9:14 PM MDT

Take the giant leap...DELETE.
      June 20, 2017 7:27 AM MDT

You know I think I'd feel a weight off my shoulder, yet the only reason I've kept it is to live chat/message my cousin there and one friend.. but I AM debating the 'delete' as well.
      June 20, 2017 3:40 PM MDT