Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » For you question askers out there. What do you think of folks who tell you what you should ask and what you shouldn't? Why?

For you question askers out there. What do you think of folks who tell you what you should ask and what you shouldn't? Why?

Posted - June 19, 2017

Responses

I don't know if that specifically has ever happened with me, but there were a few back on the now-defunct AnswerBag who tried to dictate how a question should be asked or that I could not restrict to whom I addressed questions, stating that any person should be allowed to answer any question.   My rebuttal to the latter was that certain questions can be specific to certain people.  For instance, a question about what it feels like to give birth can only be answered by someone who has given birth, so prefacing such a question with, "Women who have given birth, . . . " is wholly appropriate. A question about being a combat veteran can only be answered by a combat veteran. Or first-hand experience of being a child of divorce. Or piloting an aircraft. Or saving a person from drowning. Et cetera. 

Conversely, there is someone who chastises us on how we should be answering her questions. 

_
      June 19, 2017 6:30 AM MDT

Ask whatever you like in whatever manner you choose.  Anyone who doesn't like the question can just scroll on by or answer it in whatever way they choose, so long as they are respectful, if they disagree.
      June 19, 2017 8:55 AM MDT

((hugs)) Exactamundo! Ignore or respond. Everyone has a choice. Pick and choose. Select your preference. Easy peasy. Thank you for your reasonable/sensible/logical/common sensical reply Spunky! I wish everyone felt as you do! Life on the internet social site would be ever so much more pleasant! :)
      June 20, 2017 2:28 AM MDT

It takes all kinds to make a world, Rosie.  :)
      June 20, 2017 1:42 PM MDT

Yeparoonio it sure does! And I reserve the right to hang out with the ones I like and not with the ones I don't. So shoot me! Thank you for your reply Spunky! ((hugs))
      June 22, 2017 5:37 AM MDT

No argument from me. :)
      June 22, 2017 9:51 AM MDT

i dont think they have any right to tell others what to do
      June 19, 2017 2:32 PM MDT

People don't ever say that to anyone else but you.  It is because you say the same things over and over and over.  And you don't seem to see this.    This is a site of interaction.  You don't interact.  You just announce your every thought.  Perhaps if you tried to be polite and get on everyone else's questions for a change, you might broaden your perspective and habit of just typing anything that comes into your head before you even think about it. 

Prolific does not mean quality.  Constantly remarking about other people and how they act on here, meaning to YOU, is not doing you any favors. 

They are telling you to knock it off.    And, I'm sorry, I cannot disagree with them.  I like that you ask questions, but you just bombard the site with the same things.  Why don't you try writing down your questions first and then re-reading them and eliminating all the repeats?  Blah blah blah is what it looks like to your readers whom you seem to ignore.    If your memory is that sketchy that you cannot remember that you just said that same thing 50 times, you need to have a check list of what you say.  Try re-reading all your questions and open your mind.   The rest of the site cannot be wrong.

It is very hypocritical. 

Everyone is asking you to knock it off and you don't listen. 
      June 22, 2017 9:59 AM MDT

I am real good now at ignoring what doesn't interest me and finding what does.  I wouldn't want anyone censored unless their posts were meant to be a passive aggressive attack of another poster.  Other than that, fire away.

June 22, 2017 10:06 AM MDT