Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Have you ever questioned rather or not God is a trinity or one according to the Bible?

Have you ever questioned rather or not God is a trinity or one according to the Bible?

Catholic encyclopedia:

https://www.newadvent.org/cathen/02033b.htm

The Athanasian Creed

[...

So there is One Father, not Three Fathers; one Son, not Three Sons; One Holy Ghost, not Three Holy Ghosts. And in this Trinity none is afore or after Other, None is greater or less than Another, but the whole Three Persons are Co-eternal together, and Co-equal

Who, then, is the author? The results of recent inquiry make it highly probable that the Creed first saw the light in the fourth century, during the life of the great Eastern patriarch, or shortly after his death

The "damnatory", or "minatory clauses", are the pronouncements contained in the symbol, of the penalties which follow the rejection of what is there proposed for our belief. It opens with one of them: "Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the Catholic Faith". The same is expressed in the verses beginning: "Furthermore, it is necessary" etc., and "For the right Faith is" etc., and finally in the concluding verse: "This is the Catholic Faith, which except a man believe faithfully and firmly, he cannot be saved". Just as the Creed states in a very plain and precise way what the Catholic Faith is concerning the important doctrines of the Trinity and the Incarnation, so it asserts with equal plainness and precision what will happen to those who do not faithfully and steadfastly believe in these revealed truths..

.From a dogmatic standpoint, the merely historical question of the authorship of the Creed, or of the time it made its appearance, is of secondary consideration.

The fact alone that it is approved by the Church as expressing its mind on the fundamental truths with which it deals, is all we need to know.]

Posted - June 21, 2017

Responses

no cause i already know hes a trinity
      June 22, 2017 3:59 PM MDT

Thank you for answering pearl. It may be that most people that believe in the trinity like yourself haven't ever questioned it. What made you reach your conclusion that God is a trinity?
      June 22, 2017 6:01 PM MDT

Have you ever questioned rather or not God is a trinity or one according to the Bible?

=====================================================================

1- Maybe people don’t want to question or think about things that might change the way they see things. They only want to know about things that confirm how they see things. If they come across anything that might challenge how they see things they just quickly walk away, they don’t want to know.

2- The statement in the Trinitarian creed that “None is greater or less than Another” regarding the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit seems to go against the statement of Jesus as reported in John 10:29 that "My Father (meaning God), who has given them to me, is greater than all”

3- Also if “the Creed first saw the light in the fourth century, during the life of the great Eastern patriarch, or shortly after his death” then it means it wasn’t taught by Jesus or any of the disciples he talked to.

4- In addition to the declaration of Jesus in John 10:29 he made it very clear in John 17:3 that the Father is “the ONLY true God”

5- It is very puzzling how anyone knowing all the evidence against the trinity would still continue to believe in it.

June 23, 2017 1:54 PM MDT

I agree. 
    (John 14:28) You heard that I said to you, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would rejoice that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I am.
      June 26, 2017 9:58 AM MDT

There is no scriptural evidence of a trinitarian God, though false religion has twisted the biblical text to prove the doctrine. Many have been led astray by this false teaching. 
      June 23, 2017 11:03 PM MDT

Very sad. Jesus said something to the affect that everlasting life has something to do with knowing the Father who is the only true God.

(John 17:1-3) Jesus spoke these things, and raising his eyes to heaven, he said: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify your son so that your son may glorify you, 2 just as you have given him authority over all flesh, so that he may give everlasting life to all those whom you have given to him. 3 This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.
      June 26, 2017 10:00 AM MDT