Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Pregnancy » How old do you think is too old for a woman to have a baby?

How old do you think is too old for a woman to have a baby?

Posted - June 22, 2017

Responses

There are no easy answers to this, and I think a lot of it depends on the woman's mentality about it, as well as what she can plan for. I have heard women in their 40s and 50s say that's the ideal time. They're financially secure. They don't have to worry about career progress so much. They're mellow enough to be in the moment with their kids. There are plenty of women in that age bracket that are healthier than I am and have better networks to help manage unforeseen circumstances. In those cases, I don't see a problem with them having babies. As long as they can care for the child, and are likely to be around until the child reaches adulthood, I see no point in suggesting an upper age limit.
      June 22, 2017 5:00 AM MDT

• I agree with all of that. If the woman is healthy enough, I say go for it. 
      June 22, 2017 5:03 AM MDT

When she's old enough to realize how much work it is, how much it costs, how long you'll be stuck with it, and that it might not turn out the way you picture. :)
      June 22, 2017 5:44 AM MDT

i dont think older women should have kids if they have the possibility of the baby ending up with problems cause of it
      June 22, 2017 3:36 PM MDT

• If the woman thinks, like I do, "Am I too old to have a baby?", then yes, she is. 
    I'm 45, never married, no children. Would I want to give up my freedom for a child? No. Would I have the patience and stamina that motherhood entails? No. Do I want to be burdened with the responsibility for 20 years, by which time I'd be 65? No thanks, I'd much rather spend that time in other ways. 
    Yes, I'm too old to get into motherhood. 
    But I do fantasise myself as being a mother of twin boys of about 22 or 23. I've had this fantasy for about two years. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at July 17, 2017 9:50 PM MDT
      July 17, 2017 5:17 PM MDT

Wait a second, Karen, I can read between these lines: you're trying to break it to me gently that I'm pregnant, aren't you?

~
      July 17, 2017 9:51 PM MDT
  • D&D

44. Give take few years. The problem we're facing is children and too young of adults getting pregnant.
      July 17, 2017 11:00 PM MDT

July 18, 2017 2:27 AM MDT