Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Are we living in the last days?

Are we living in the last days?

https://tv.jw.org/#en/mediaitems/LatestVideos/pub-jwb_201706_9_VIDEO

Morality in the Last Days (2 Tim. 3:13)

2 Tim 3:1-5,13; 2 Pet 3:1-5; Matt 24; Luke 21; Mark 13

Posted - June 24, 2017

Responses

• People have been saying we are in the last days for the last couple of centuries. I don't think we are. 
      June 24, 2017 8:01 AM MDT

Hello Karen. Thank you for your answer. Do you notice anything different on the world scene now compared to two centuries ago?
      June 24, 2017 8:03 AM MDT

• Yes, we have technology and better communication. 
      June 24, 2017 8:03 AM MDT

Yes, with that comes us being able to "hear of wars and reports of wars" on the other side of the globe almost instantaneously. There's a lot more not so innocent differences than that.
    Did you look up the scriptures and watch the video?
      June 24, 2017 8:14 AM MDT

• No I didn't. I've been hearing this same thing all my life, and I've been around for quite a few years. 
      June 24, 2017 8:17 AM MDT

Do you believe in God? Do you believe in the Bible?
      June 24, 2017 8:33 AM MDT

• Yes I do, but I don't believe we are in the End Times. Difficult times maybe, but not end times. 
      June 24, 2017 8:48 AM MDT

Karen, if you didn't look up the scriptures or watch the video because you have been hearing this same thing all of your life, how can you expect to recognize the sign? Shouldn't we be keeping on the watch rather than taking no note due to it seeming to delay?

(Matthew 24:37-39) For just as the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of man will be. 38 For as they were in those days before the Flood, eating and drinking, men marrying and women being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, 39 and they took no note until the Flood came and swept them all away, so the presence of the Son of man will be.
    (Mark 13:36, 37) in order that when he comes suddenly, he does not find you sleeping. 37 But what I say to you, I say to all: Keep on the watch.”

(Habakkuk 2:3) For the vision is yet for its appointed time, And it is rushing toward its end, and it will not lie. Even if it should delay, keep in expectation of it! For it will without fail come true. It will not be late!
      June 24, 2017 9:26 AM MDT

• I've heard this same story all my life, no need to look up the scriptures, I'm already familiar with this story. It's not new, and it no longer holds any weight for me. It's been preached to death over the centuries. I'm sure the world we live in will come to an end one day, it has to, it's the circle of life. But I think it will end in either a major meteorite strike, or when the Sun finally burns out, or when we merge with Andromeda in about 5 billion years.   
      June 24, 2017 5:06 PM MDT

Interesting that you believe the Bible yet also believe what you just posted. What do you make of these verses as posted by Kittigate?
    (Ecclesiastes 1:4) A generation is going, and a generation is coming, But the earth remains forever.
    (Psalm 78:69) He made his sanctuary as enduring as the heavens, Like the earth that he has established forever.
    (Psalm 93:1) Jehovah has become King! With grandeur he is clothed; Jehovah is clothed with strength; He wears it like a belt. The earth is firmly established; It cannot be moved.
    (Psalm 96:10) Declare among the nations: “Jehovah has become King! The earth is firmly established, it cannot be moved. He will judge the peoples fairly.”
    (Psalm 104:5) He has established the earth on its foundations; It will not be moved from its place forever and ever.
      June 26, 2017 9:11 AM MDT

• The Sun will eventually burn out, as all stars do. Andromeda creeps a little closer each minute, the projected path put us in the way of a collision and merge, but not for a few billion years. At any moment Yellowstone could blow and cause major major difficulties world wide. We could be struck by an extinction level  meteorite at any moment. Any number of events could take us out at any time. What do I make of those verses? The world will eventually end for good.
      June 26, 2017 9:34 AM MDT

Thank you Karen. When you say: "The world will eventually end for good", do you mean "the world" as in the planet or as in "the world" as in a world of ungodly people like in Noah's day?

(Proverbs 2:21, 22) For only the upright will reside in the earth, And the blameless will remain in it. 22 As for the wicked, they will be cut off from the earth, And the treacherous will be torn away from it.
    (Psalm 37:10, 11) Just a little while longer, and the wicked will be no more; You will look at where they were, And they will not be there. 11 But the meek will possess the earth, And they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.
    (Psalm 37:29) The righteous will possess the earth, And they will live forever on it.
    (2 Peter 3:5-7) For they deliberately ignore this fact, that long ago there were heavens and an earth standing firmly out of water and in the midst of water by the word of God; 6 and that by those means the world of that time suffered destruction when it was flooded with water. 7 But by the same word the heavens and the earth that now exist are reserved for fire and are being kept until the day of judgment and of destruction of the ungodly people.

This post was edited by texasescimo at June 26, 2017 9:47 AM MDT
      June 26, 2017 9:46 AM MDT

"for the last couple of centuries" --------- far longer than that, I think.
      June 27, 2017 12:39 PM MDT

I think that it's only been within the last century that the world has ever seen world wars, a billion abortions, televised beheadings, atom bombs, nuclear weapons, chemical weapons, planes flying in to buildings, global terrorism, and all of that is just one aspect.
    (Revelation 6:4) Another came out, a fiery-colored horse, and it was granted to the one seated on it to take peace away from the earth so that they should slaughter one another, and he was given a great sword.

Does that seem normal to you? Haven't you said in many threads how up until the last century how Muslims and Jews had been at peace?
      June 27, 2017 3:24 PM MDT

" Haven't you said in many threads how up until the last century how Muslims and Jews had been at peace?" -------- history and the Jews themselves have said so.

It was a Jewish author who wrote "MOST EMPHATICALLY that the legal and ACTUAL POSITION of the Jews during the middle ages was much better in Muslim-Arab countries than in Christian Europe; and the 'Golden Age' of Judaism in Muslim Spain has become a phrase which has found its way even to the most popular accounts of Jewish history".

Also it is Jewish Rabbis who are publicly bearing witness to that in the video below and to the fact that it is Zionists who turned one against the other

June 27, 2017 4:14 PM MDT

So then you recognize at least one thing somewhat worse than in times past, yes? 
    Did you miss the rest of my post?

I think that it's only been within the last century that the world has ever seen world wars, a billion abortions, televised beheadings, atom bombs, nuclear weapons, chemical weapons, planes flying in to buildings, global terrorism, and all of that is just one aspect.
    (Revelation 6:4) Another came out, a fiery-colored horse, and it was granted to the one seated on it to take peace away from the earth so that they should slaughter one another, and he was given a great sword.

Does that seem normal to you?
      June 27, 2017 4:25 PM MDT

"Did you miss the rest of my post?" ---------The rest of your post makes the same point as your main question, and THAT I have addressed in my main answer much further down here.
      June 27, 2017 5:00 PM MDT

Why the dodge? You didn't address my post at all. I will repost there.
      June 27, 2017 5:53 PM MDT

I addressed in MY way.
      June 27, 2017 7:19 PM MDT

So then to you, all of these atrocities seem normal.
     'world wars, a billion abortions, televised beheadings, atom bombs, nuclear weapons, chemical weapons, planes flying in to buildings, global terrorism, and all of that is just one aspect.'
    (Revelation 6:4) Another came out, a fiery-colored horse, and it was granted to the one seated on it to take peace away from the earth so that they should slaughter one another, and he was given a great sword

(Matthew 24:37-39) For just as the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of man will be. 38 For as they were in those days before the Flood, eating and drinking, men marrying and women being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, 39 and they took no note until the Flood came and swept them all away, so the presence of the Son of man will be.
    (2 Peter 3:3-6) First of all know this, that in the last days ridiculers will come with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires 4 and saying: “Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep in death, all things are continuing exactly as they were from creation’s beginning.” 5 For they deliberately ignore this fact, that long ago there were heavens and an earth standing firmly out of water and in the midst of water by the word of God; 6 and that by those means the world of that time suffered destruction when it was flooded with water.
    (2 Peter 2:5) And he did not refrain from punishing an ancient world, but kept Noah, a preacher of righteousness, safe with seven others when he brought a flood upon a world of ungodly people.

I didn't even mention all of the terror the last few decades.  This post was edited by texasescimo at June 28, 2017 7:00 AM MDT
      June 28, 2017 4:36 AM MDT

You have your list of happenings you call atrocities while I have mine and other people have theirs.

Maybe these atrocities are leading to the dismantlement of society as it was or may be they are themselves the effect of other more primary causes.

Any way you look at it, society is changing from generation to generation as we all hurtle through time, getting nearer by the day to both our own end times, individually as well as collectively.

Unless we have strong evidence to the contrary it is best to assume that we will hit our own individual buffers before all of us hit the collective buffer.

The individual buffer or end time [death] is guaranteed and the time span before we hit it very rarely exceeds 90 years.
      June 28, 2017 8:24 AM MDT

Quote: "You have your list of happenings you call atrocities while I have mine and other people have theirs"

Interesting that you don't consider all of those things that I listed as atrocities. That in no way is a complete list, just a few that came to mind in the seconds of posting here. Pretty sure I wouldn't blow off any atrocities on your list. Care to tell me which ones you would take off of this list of atrocities?
    ''world wars, a billion abortions, televised beheadings, atom bombs, nuclear weapons, chemical weapons, planes flying in to buildings, global terrorism,'
      June 28, 2017 8:30 AM MDT

Every society has calamities. I think that has always been so.

You think your list of atrocities means the world is going to end within your lifetime, that's fine by me. It would be silly for me to get drawn into an argument about that.

There are strange people amongst us. There are those who have evils and disasters in their list of signs of the last days and they actually WANT those evils and disasters to happen so that they can see the last days and see Jesus!!!!!!! I mean please
      June 30, 2017 4:16 AM MDT

Was that response meant for me or were you trying to reply somewhere else?
      June 30, 2017 8:25 PM MDT