Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Then way back when in the golden olden days. Different from now. Totally. Why?

Then way back when in the golden olden days. Different from now. Totally. Why?

THEN

I am my brother's keeper
He's not heavy. He's my brother.

NOW

I got mine. Get your own.
Screw you and get out of my way

Nice?

Posted - June 24, 2017

Responses

I have noticed the same really... people seem way less caring.. I still think most people are essentially good but I see an increasing trend in selfishness and worse, a willingness to stab others in the back to get past them..  There was an article in the times about the need to teach kids empathy.. well that seems to say it all really doesn't it.. 

I dooooooo love the song He ain't heavy, he's my brother tho :)
      June 24, 2017 10:56 AM MDT

There were alot less people here 30 years ago. I remember sunday drives being very quiet. No more. Lots of traffic even on sundays now. ;(
      June 24, 2017 11:04 AM MDT

I absolutely think this world is more cut throat.  Maybe it's the internet giving such a large stage to narcissism and all the negative traits that you rarely saw so much in your face.  Nothing is private if someone has a beef with you. 

I also think that too many parents are creating these kids that feel entitled.  I know when I was growing up, we were taught manners!  We were also taught to respect (fear) adults and those in authority.  Now I see parents treating their little kids like mini adults that don't need to earn a thing.

We certainly all communicated better when we sat out on our porches with friends or talked on the phone.

Most families only had one car, so there definitely was less traffic and jam ups.  

Your pay went a lot farther and life was just more simple.  Happiness was had by the company you kept, not by the latest gadgets on the market.
      June 24, 2017 11:39 AM MDT

Then---no way to cool the dentist's drill bit.

Now---the water cooled drill.

Some change can be good...............
      June 24, 2017 12:06 PM MDT

I think many medical procedures in general are easier and better these days.  
      June 26, 2017 10:56 AM MDT

Boy, you said it.
      June 26, 2017 3:36 PM MDT

It's a amazing how many major surgeries are now an outpatient thing.  Anesthetics are better and there is less bodily trauma.

June 26, 2017 4:54 PM MDT

i know what you mean, i like the old days better myself
      June 24, 2017 1:42 PM MDT