Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » Is it boring to be God? Been around forever done everything that can be done; knows all the future -nothing new to anticipate ..

Is it boring to be God? Been around forever done everything that can be done; knows all the future -nothing new to anticipate ..

Posted - June 24, 2017

Responses

I have never been God, so I dont have a clue.

All i know is what others have said about him. That is enough to for me confidently say they dont have a clue either, but still not enough, and too selfcontradictory for me to feel knowledge about God can be gained by listening to other people who have never been God either.

Mostly I do not think there is any gods at all.
      June 24, 2017 7:23 PM MDT

Probably is no God because it would be too boring to be God. 
      June 24, 2017 7:50 PM MDT

I dont think I am. ;+ This post was edited by carbonproduct at June 24, 2017 7:51 PM MDT
      June 24, 2017 7:39 PM MDT

• Not at all. Think about it!  You'd get to zap people with plague.  Destroy life with abandon by means of flood. Kill the first born of your enemies.  Rain down fire on people who upset you.  Wouldn't this be cool?
      June 24, 2017 7:48 PM MDT

God has done all that and everything that it is possible to do maybe a zillion times before. There would be nothing new and interesting for God to do since he has been around forever. It's all boring stuff. 
      June 24, 2017 7:57 PM MDT

I believe the clinical term for that is "Psychotic rage"
      June 25, 2017 12:44 AM MDT

.....there is a challenge to stepping outside your Ego
    so that you might experience something beyond
    what your thoughts can produce. Meet the challenge.
         In oneness there is no boredom. 
      June 24, 2017 9:01 PM MDT

i doubt it, hes probably too busy to get bored
      June 24, 2017 9:19 PM MDT

I would guess God is busy planning eternity. Meanwhile, he is counting every hair on your head, except bald guys.
      June 25, 2017 8:02 AM MDT

• Like the bald guy and the she bears?
      June 25, 2017 8:09 PM MDT

I occasionally represent Him, but  He's never actually asked me to step in and take over---so I don't really know what it would be like to be God.

On the other hand, I talk with Him frequently and He is a fabulous story teller when He recounts the many things He does besides enjoy what we have discovered so far to be categorized as His "creation."

It seems to me that the major thing that those who do not believe in Him never see or understand is His mirth.  

And to those to who do believe in Him, apparently not enough understand that we are meant to grow in the understanding of His parables and precepts that He gave us in the bible.

And while I hesitate to use the word "sad,"  I sometimes think that is the only way to describe it when we talk about how so many misunderstand the reality of His trinitarian nature.

But He always assured me He's got everything covered---and He always said it in a way that removes any doubts I may ever have at the time.

And my experience with Him in this way is apparently available to anyone who actually seeks it.

All I can suggest is "Stay interested, my friends."

June 25, 2017 8:25 PM MDT

Quote: [And while I hesitate to use the word "sad,"  I sometimes think that is the only way to describe it when we talk about how so many misunderstand the reality of His trinitarian nature.]

Care to give the scriptures that speak of this reality?

https://answermug.com/forums/topic/32553/have-you-ever-questioned-rather-or-not-god-is-a-trinity-or-one-a
      June 26, 2017 11:32 AM MDT

JW's  are an interesting bunch.  Christ establishes a Church, sends the Holy Spirit to guide it and its members, and intends us to grow in love and understanding of what was said by God in the bible.

And then you Jehovah Witnesses attempt to try to reinvent the wheel because you can't understand the values of the advancements that God has helped us to make in the understanding of his laws and precepts and His nature---and the wheel for that matter.

Christ came that we may have life and have it more abundantly.  [The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.  John 10:10)]

Why do I not give you the scriptures you ask for?---because you do not seek to increase your knowledge and love of God. On the contrary, you simply wish to bite the hand that would give them to you.

"Whoever has ears, let them hear."  Matthew, 11:15.

Listen up, bro...... 

June 26, 2017 3:35 PM MDT

It is because the scriptures that you speak of with a a god with a 'trinitarian nature' does not exist. 
    Face it, the scriptures are plain that the Father is the only true God and that Jesus has a God above him who he prays to and worships.
    You really can't see that God and Jesus are two separate beings?

(John 17:1-3) Jesus spoke these things, and raising his eyes to heaven, he said: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify your son so that your son may glorify you, 2 just as you have given him authority over all flesh, so that he may give everlasting life to all those whom you have given to him. 3 This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.

(John 20:31) But these have been written down so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and because of believing, you may have life by means of his name.
     (Matthew 26:39) And going a little way forward, he fell facedown, praying: “My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass away from me. Yet, not as I will, but as you will.”
     (1 Corinthians 11:3) But I want you to know that the head of every man is the Christ; in turn, the head of a woman is the man; in turn, the head of the Christ is God. 

(Mark 13:32) “Concerning that day or the hour nobody knows, neither the angels in heaven nor the Son, but the Father.
    (John 1:18) No man has seen God at any time; the only-begotten god who is at the Father’s side is the one who has explained Him.
    (John 5:19) Therefore, in response Jesus said to them: “Most truly I say to you, the Son cannot do a single thing of his own initiative, but only what he sees the Father doing. For whatever things that One does, these things the Son does also in like manner.
    (John 5:30) I cannot do a single thing of my own initiative. Just as I hear, I judge, and my judgment is righteous because I seek, not my own will, but the will of him who sent me.
    (John 10:18) No man takes it away from me, but I surrender it of my own initiative. I have authority to surrender it, and I have authority to receive it again. This commandment I received from my Father.”
    (1 Corinthians 11:3) But I want you to know that the head of every man is the Christ; in turn, the head of a woman is the man; in turn, the head of the Christ is God.
    (Philippians 2:9) For this very reason, God exalted him to a superior position and kindly gave him the name that is above every other name,
    (Revelation 1:1) A revelation by Jesus Christ, which God gave him, to show his slaves the things that must shortly take place. And he sent his angel and presented it in signs through him to his slave John,
    (Revelation 3:12-14) “‘The one who conquers—I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God, and he will by no means go out from it anymore, and I will write upon him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the New Jerusalem that descends out of heaven from my God, and my own new name. 13 Let the one who has an ear hear what the spirit says to the congregations.’ 14 “To the angel of the congregation in La·o·di·ceʹa write: These are the things that the Amen says, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation by God:

June 26, 2017 6:35 PM MDT