Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Well Said Mr Trump.

Well Said Mr Trump.

The statement made by Donald Trump: “We may have our differences, but we do well, in times like these, to remember that everyone who serves in our nation’s capital is here because, above all, they love our country”.

I got it from an article in The Washington Post:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-shooting-at-a-gop-baseball-practice-was-an-assault-on-democracy/2017/06/14/06587d9a-5131-11e7-91eb-9611861a988f_story.html?tid=a_inl&utm_term=.4fb3d39542fb

Posted - June 24, 2017

Responses

That is a ripoff from countless other people who have said almost the same thing.
     Just because you haven't seen this overworked quote TRUMP stole, doesn't mean the rest of us are fooled.  He is about as authentic as his wife.

Kind of reminds me of the Mexican Fool he paid to get up on stage and tell us how Trump is like our father.

Trump is like a LIAR and a sham.  Don't ever forget that.  Anything he says has been said before. 

Tell Mr. Trump he should heed this quote:

When a government for the people becomes a government in spite of the people, then who are we really serving?
    Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/serving.html

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at June 28, 2017 11:34 PM MDT
      June 28, 2017 11:30 PM MDT

Trump doesn't serve our country; he thinks he owns our country. He loves only himself and has an uncomfortable number of these traits: 

https://masksofsanity.blogspot.com/2009/12/20-traits-of-malignant-narcissism.html
      June 28, 2017 11:44 PM MDT

well said, LYRICAL ONE!  HEE HEE
      June 28, 2017 11:50 PM MDT

Funny watching pundits trying to figure him out, especially in the early days when they were expecting him to "pivot" and become more presidential. But there's no making sense out of nonsense. The man is a bona fide mental patient.
      June 28, 2017 11:55 PM MDT

It's only funny in the blackest way imaginable.  But your words are very right-on.   

June 28, 2017 11:57 PM MDT

I still say it was well said. It needs to be said more often, by everyone, not just Trump.

Even if it came from his speech-writer, he did manage to say it. Could you manage to say it Sharonna ? remembering that 'Everyone' includes Trump ;-))
      June 29, 2017 1:30 AM MDT

Democracy demands a certain respect for your opponents, with that negotiation is possible, and compromises as needed. Without it all we have is haters, shouting slogans at eachother.

Try to react to the core of reasonablenees in Trump, dont bury it under a lot of hateful words. It is not just Trump and the GOP that needs to learn that lesson. A lot of liberals need to learn it too. This post was edited by JakobA the unAmerican. at June 29, 2017 1:41 AM MDT
      June 29, 2017 1:38 AM MDT