Active Now

my2cents
Danilo_G
Element 99
Malizz
Randy D
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » How long will take for Trump to bully his Congressional toadies into rewriting the Constitution so that it legalizes all his crimes?

How long will take for Trump to bully his Congressional toadies into rewriting the Constitution so that it legalizes all his crimes?

Posted - June 25, 2017

Responses

Can't happen. Changing the Constitution requires ratification from all States - and NY and CA won't do it, for starters.
      June 25, 2017 6:16 AM MDT

But it is true that he can pardon anyone for anything right? Murderers/traitors/those who committed treason? If he could pardon himself too then there would be no need to reconfigure the Constitution. It shocked me to hear that California's seeking the 2024 Olympics of the Olympic Committee was supported by Trump! Why? He hates our guts, individually and collectively. Democrats have a supermajority in this state. Republicans have been hanging on by a very thin thread for a very long time. Massachusetts I expect wouldn't agree to that or New Hampshire either.  So all states need to ratify it? What if Trump declared California not part of the United States? Ridiculous question I expect but I'm gonna ask it. Look at all the ridiculous things he done and got ten away with so far. That is not that ridiculous for such a one as him! Thank you for your helpful reply Sbf and Happy Sunday!  :)
      June 25, 2017 6:25 AM MDT

What crimes?
      June 25, 2017 7:01 AM MDT

• Exactly what crimes has he committed?  
      June 25, 2017 7:19 AM MDT

There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.  Get real. You want a LIST?????

You will just say, that he didn't do that.   Denial is a river in Russia, not Egypt.

1. Federal Judge Rules Trump Must Face Fraud Trial in Trump University Suit

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump has been ordered to stand trial in an investigation over fraud and racketeering charges related to Trump University.   But Donald Trump has not been “charged” with a crime. This is a civil lawsuit based on civil claims.  There are two kinds of RICO lawsuits: Criminal RICO and Civil RICO.

When the government prosecutes you for Criminal RICO, you are arrested and charged. A Criminal RICO conviction can get you a $25,000 fine and 20 years in prison on each count. The government can seize all the money you made from the RICO scheme and all the things you bought with that money.

In Civil RICO, a victim sues for damages. You are served the civil complaint by a process server.

Civil RICO cases can be profitable for a RICO victim. A clause in the RICO law lets a plaintiff

recover threefold the damages he sustains and the cost of the suit, including a reasonable attorney’s fee …

Translation: When a RICO victim sues and wins, he gets TRIPLE DAMAGES and LEGAL FEES from the losing defendant.

Donald Trump is fighting two lawsuits in California. One of these lawsuits is a Civil RICO case that was filed by victims of Donald Trump’s scheme to defraud them with a phony real estate college called “Trump University”.

Donald Trump has not been arrested for violating RICO because this is a Civil RICO lawsuit. Donald Trump is being sued.

Donald Trump’s other California lawsuit includes claims for fraud, breach of contract, unfair advertising and a half dozen others.

Did Donald Trump commit a crime? It’s too early to tell. But to find him guilty of Civil RICO, the plaintiffs must prove he did.

The lawyers must prove that Donald Trump’s University “racket” committed at least 2 RICO crimes in 10 years from a list of 35. The trial on this is coming up.

It’s important to understand RICO to understand the lawsuit and the kind of trouble Donald Trump is in now.

The Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act was passed in 1970 to fight the Mafia, which is in the business of hurting people for a living.

Soldiers in organized crime obeyed orders. The “enterprises” made money through illegal gambling, prostitution, extortion, murder-for-hire, money laundering, fraud, and other seedy, sleazy things.

The Mafia dons didn’t commit these crimes themselves. There was always someone else to do it for them. That made it hard for law enforcement to convict leaders of enterprises.

RICO made it easier.

Under RICO, members of an organization like La Cosa Nostra or the Mafia could be arrested if their “enterprise” committed 2 of 35 listed crimes within 10 years. Mobsters Frank Locascio and John Gotti were sentenced to life in prison and $250,000 fines for their RICO schemes. Each was held personally liable for the crimes committed on behalf of their rackets.

The RICO lawsuit in Art Cohen v Donald J Trump, filed in October 2013, says Trump’s “university” is a racket just like the Mafia. The legal complaint filed by attorney Jason A. Forge at Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd says Donald J. Trump engaged in a pattern of racketeering activity including mail and wire fraud, i.e.:

numerous and repeated uses of the mails and interstate wire communications to execute a scheme to defraud in violation of 18 U.S.C. §1962(c).

This was the “Trump University Enterprise”.

Defendant Trump has committed or aided and abetted the commission of at least two acts of racketeering activity, i.e., indictable violations of 18 U.S.C. § § 1341 and 1343, within the past ten years.

So, you see, Donald Trump has a problem.

RICO has been used over the years to prosecute

a famous art gallery (Venerated Manhattan gallery on trial after ‘genius’ forgeries rake in $80 million),
    a union official (Carpenters Union Leader Pleads Guilty in Manhattan Federal Court to Over a Decade of Racketeering), and
    a Brooklyn Prep School (Poly Prep sex abuse lawsuit survives, two plaintiffs win RICO motion to dismiss).

Remember the Mexican judge Donald Trump didn’t want on his cases?

Federal Judge Rules Trump Must Face Fraud Trial.

There are two class actions in California against Donald J. Trump and his connection to a “university” that defrauded students. That “Mexican” judge from Indiana, Gonzalo Curiel, presides over both of them.

A probe by New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman is also under way.

Has Donald Trump committed any crimes?

Today, only his hairdresser knows for sure.
    8.2k Views · 16 Upvotes
    Promoted by Arcadia Power
    Here's $20 to do something good for the planet.
    Arcadia Power lets renters and owners in all 50 states access clean energy. No equipment, 2 minutes.
    Related Questions
    More Answers Below

Has Donald Trump ever committed any crimes that we are aware of?
    Are there any possible crimes that Donald trump may have committed that have been proven?
    What is the dollar amount for the charitable contributions Donald Trump has made in the last 7 years?
    Why are people acting shocked and outraged about Donald Trump's leaked audio tape? What would they expect from a person who may commit sexual ...
    Why is there no way to stop Donald Trump from running when he's stated he plans on breaking the Geneva convention and committing purported war...

David Stewart
    David Stewart, Teacher from Australia.
    Answered Jul 3, 2016

There’s quite a good list here

The Many Scandals of Donald Trump: A Cheat Sheet

It includes allegations of rape and sexual assault, dodgy business dealings (alleged and confirmed in court) and other misconduct.
    2.5k Views · 9 Upvotes
    Angela Stockton
    Angela Stockton, works at Law Firms
    Answered May 9

Some states still have laws on their books criminalizing adultery, even though they’re almost never enforced. He’s never taken his marriage vows seriously.

By his own admission, Mr. “Grab ’em by the Pussy” has committed sexual assault.

He may have committed bankruptcy fraud. Since he won’t release his income tax returns, what are the odds he’s been more forthcoming with bankruptcy court than with the public.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at June 26, 2017 3:28 AM MDT
      June 25, 2017 7:25 AM MDT

So you got no list. 
    Trump U is not a school...it is an infomercial. 
    The "grab them by the ****" is not a admission of guilt. Because of the next phrase following that "and they let you....." If they let you there is no crime.
    If he was allowed to file the bankruptcy (which he was) He was required to show the proof of required documents. This post was edited by my2cents at June 25, 2017 8:42 AM MDT
      June 25, 2017 8:25 AM MDT

Thank you for your thoughtful and comprehensive reply Shar. They can't admit it because to do so means they picked the wrong person to lead the country and they all have to SAVE FACE so they prefer to go down along with him in disgrace rather than eat crow. Don'tcha know?
      June 26, 2017 3:30 AM MDT

You get angry about a small copy and paste with the link to it?
    https://answermug.com/forums/topic/32995/irony-half-the-christians-i-know-think-that-god-is-on-their-s

You combine a couple of copy and paste without giving the source and that's okay? I just have to figure out what I have to do to please you so you don't have to get so upset all the time. 

https://www.quora.com/What-are-some-possible-crimes-Donald-Trump-has-committed-over-the-last-20-years

https://www.google.com/search?q=%22Defendant+Trump+has+committed+or+aided+and+abetted+the+commission+of+at+least+two+acts+of+racketeering+activity%2C+i.e.%2C+indictable+violations+of+18+U.S.C.+%C2%A7+%C2%A7+1341+and+1343%2C+within+the+past+ten+years%22&oq=%22Defendant+Trump+has+committed+or+aided+and+abetted+the+commission+of+at+least+two+acts+of+racketeering+activity%2C+i.e.%2C+indictable+violations+of+18+U.S.C.+%C2%A7+%C2%A7+1341+and+1343%2C+within+the+past+ten+years%22&aqs=chrome..69i57.5327j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

But then again, you are always upset at me about something.
    https://answermug.com/forums/topic/32983/good-samaritan-gets-beat-up-for-helping-lost-2-year-old-girl-fin/view/post_id/293843 This post was edited by texasescimo at June 28, 2017 1:10 PM MDT
      June 28, 2017 1:09 PM MDT

He's demonstrably guilty of receiving emoluments. Visiting dignitaries are required to stay in HIS hotels and resorts, ergo he's receiving profits from members of foreign governments - emoluments by definition. That's unconstitutional  (Section I, Article 9, Clause 8, if you're interested). Had he placed his business interests in a blind trust when he took office, this would not apply. He didn't.
    Obstruction of justice is still being debated - it looks like a slam dunk, but in a convoluted case that is beginning to strongly resemble a soap opera, nothing can be absolutely certain. Showbiz is what the Donald is best at, it's all he knows.
    Racketeering is a class one felony but the suits against him are civil rather than criminal.
    Libel is also a crime, so his accusations against former President Obama of wiretapping could have landed him in more trouble if Obama wanted to make an issue of it - but Obama doesn't take bullshit seriously.
    Interference with Presidential records is a minor misdemeanour rather than a crime - deleting tweets without departmental permission is technically illegal (they come under the Presidential Records Act as "digital memos"). What he does with his Twitter account as a private citizen is entirely his business, but as President it's a different matter.
    Assaulting the leader of an allied nation - had Markovic wanted to make an issue of it, it could have sparked an international incident - but apparently he was advised that suing the US President is like attacking a lunatic asylum with a banana, so he didn't.

How's that for starters?
      June 25, 2017 7:33 PM MDT

Great reply! Notice none of his worshippers have addressed YOUR response Sbf. They can't so they just refuse to acknowledge it! SIGH. Thank you for your thoughtful, useful, helpful and informative response and Happy Monday. We appreciate it a lot. Of course the "we" does not include  the Donald, his toady minions or his worshippers. Sad. Too bad. :(
      June 26, 2017 3:33 AM MDT