Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Since I was informed by an Answermugger* that all states need to ratify a change in the Constitution why doesn't Trump dump Blue States?

Since I was informed by an Answermugger* that all states need to ratify a change in the Constitution why doesn't Trump dump Blue States?

That way there'd be no one to cross him or challenge him or say NO to him. He could do whatever the he** he wanted to do with all the red state peeps who believe he walks on water and can do no wrong. Then the  Trumpstitution will replace the Constitution and everyone will live forever happily without fear of being twarted! Nifty. Betcha some of you can hardly wait for that particular GREAT!  :(

Posted - June 25, 2017

Responses

Actually, not all states are required to ratify an amendment; only 3/4 of them must. 

Here's an explanation of the process, but the summary is there are two ways to get the ball rolling and then completed.

https://www.archives.gov/federal-register/constitution

June 25, 2017 7:01 AM MDT

Thank you very much for the information and the link billy b. I appreciate the correction.  Happy Monday to thee! :)
      June 26, 2017 3:35 AM MDT

I might add, the second method, a "convention of the states", was included at the last minute in the 1787 Constitutional Convention, as the Founders realized that a government, even a representative republic such as ours, could not always be trusted--thus the idea to provide for the people directly to amend it through that "convention of the states."
      June 25, 2017 7:04 AM MDT

Thank you for the additional post billy b! :)
      June 26, 2017 3:36 AM MDT

Isn't that what he IS doing?

Little by little he will Putan-ize (new word) the states until there is no discernible recognition; all will resemble one another.  HARMONY, Trump style.  Just keep removing rights that we enjoy in the name of FREEDOM and MAKING AMERICA GREATER.

Just keep shoving his agenda down the throats of us all. 

June 25, 2017 7:21 AM MDT

All of this seems like wasted effort Shar. IF Doofus Donny can pardon anyone at any time for any crime isn't this all for naught? Thank you for your reply and the graphic. Day by day in every way it's getting h opelesser and hopelesser. AARRGGHH!  :(
      June 26, 2017 3:38 AM MDT

It is indeed scary.
      June 26, 2017 10:10 AM MDT

Yep. :(
      June 26, 2017 1:02 PM MDT

If he'd hive off Texas, California and New Mexico, that would fix most of the Latino problem.
      June 26, 2017 5:57 AM MDT

Florida has a lotta Cubanos. Didja forget about them? His Mar a Lago palace is in Florida. I doubt he'd jeopardize that. Thank you for your reply Malizz and Happy Monday! :)
      June 26, 2017 1:04 PM MDT