Discussion » Questions » Politics » Do you believe the rumor, SCOTUS Judge Kennedy to announce his retirement, Jun 26. Will there be more riots if Trump gets 2 judges?

Do you believe the rumor, SCOTUS Judge Kennedy to announce his retirement, Jun 26. Will there be more riots if Trump gets 2 judges?

Posted - June 25, 2017

Responses

I'm totally sure Trump WILL get 2 judges.   So, let's go from there. 
      June 25, 2017 7:33 AM MDT

• What would the rioters hope to achieve?  Appointment of judges is a Presidential power.
      June 25, 2017 8:02 AM MDT

I don't know. What did they hope to achieve when they rioted after the election? When they beat people for having a Trump bumper sticker? 
      June 25, 2017 8:16 AM MDT

I wasn't aware that riots occurred after Gorsuch was appointed. Can you please provide links to reports of riots? 

Regarding your comment about someone being beaten for having a Trump bumper sticker, let us not forget:

https://www.revelist.com/politics/america-responds-obama/5855

June 25, 2017 9:05 AM MDT

Did I say there were riots after Gorsoch nomination? No, I said after the election. It was already known the winner would get to nominate a SCOTUS Judge. This next one is a surprise, no one knew was coming.

Your link is not working for me. This post was edited by my2cents at June 25, 2017 9:22 AM MDT
      June 25, 2017 9:20 AM MDT

No, but since that was what your question was regarding (appointment of SCOTUS, not the election), I assumed that's what you were talking about. 

"We can't let this happen. We should march on Washington and stop this travesty. Our nation is totally divided" - Twitter  @realDonaldTrump  12:29am 7 November 2012

Perhaps this link will work:

https://www.carbonated.tv/news/america-has-forgotten-how-racists-destroyed-property-over-obama-electi

or this one:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/barackobama/3464679/Conservative-backlash-begins-against-Barack-Obama.html

June 25, 2017 9:56 AM MDT

Yes I am sure there were some idiots when Obama got elected. Difference is that the leaders on the left refused to discourage the violence and even egged them on.
      June 25, 2017 3:16 PM MDT

It truly sounds as if you're as deluded as your leader. Forget about what Fox News tells you to think for one minute and look at just the words of these two men. Also, please send me links of any legitimate democratic public servant egging people on to VIOLENCE. ***Not of encouraging people to exercise their FIRST amendment rights (while we still have them), but encouraging or egging on violence.*** 

"We can't let this happen. We should march on Washington and stop this travesty. Our nation is totally divided" - Twitter  @realDonaldTrump  12:29am 7 November 2012

versus

"Now, everybody is sad when their side loses an election, but the day after we have to remember that we're actually all on one team. This is an intramural scrimmage. We're not Democrats first. We're not Republicans first. We are Americans first. We're patriots first.

We all want what's best for this country. That's what I heard in Mr. Trump's remarks last night. That's what I heard when I spoke to him directly. And I was heartened by that. That's what the country needs -- a sense of unity, a sense of inclusion, a respect for our institutions, our way of life, rule of law, and respect for each other.

I hope that he maintains that spirit throughout this transition. And I certainly hope that's how his presidency has a chance to begin." - President Barack Obama Nov 9, 2016 (excerpt)

(Full transcript and video available on any major news site except Fox News)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/11/09/transcript-president-obamas-remarks-on-donald-trumps-election/?utm_term=.27c599dfc9d0

June 25, 2017 9:21 PM MDT

""We can't let this happen. We should march on Washington and stop this travesty. Our nation is totally divided" - Twitter  @realDonaldTrump  12:29am 7 November 2012"

7 November 2012? Really? You need to verify your dates. This post was edited by Stu Spelling Bee at June 26, 2017 11:26 AM MDT
      June 26, 2017 10:11 AM MDT

Really?? Do I??

Although, according to the last link, it was 6 Nov 2012 at 8:29pm. (I'm guessing that was west coast time).

https://mashable.com/2012/11/06/trump-reacts-to-election/#WsQ4ePTvkuqs

https://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-twitter-obama-election-rigged-results-2016-10

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/266034630820507648?lang=en

This discussion devolved into the OP saying that Dem leaders were inciting people to RIOT, which is a lie. Quoting Trump's 2012 Twitter rant shows that his feelings about marching on Washington are dependent upon what or whom you're marching for/against and illustrate what a hypocritical moron he is. Yes, I called Trump a hypocritical moron. For now, that is still legal in this country. I'm sure his buddy Putin is giving him lots of tips about how to change that. 
      June 26, 2017 8:51 PM MDT

• Ugh.... Trump is really f**king up this country. Why not bury it, right?
      June 25, 2017 10:54 AM MDT

What has he done to screw up the country?
      June 25, 2017 3:08 PM MDT

• It's more divided than ever. He has not fulfilled a single promise. He's been engaged with the Saudis (9/11 financiers), he embraces authoritarian dictators, and he has gone out of his way to select the most controversial persons in politics rather than the most qualified. He's a conspiracy freak, and when all is said and done, his money laundering & treasonous activities as well as his family profiteering off the American tax payers will eventually be revealed. He lies constantly (his tweets & actions don't match), he has no political acumen, lacks respect from the majority of countires leaders, is a climate change denier, and he will kill ore people than Hitler eventually because of his disastrous healthcare bill. 
      June 25, 2017 3:41 PM MDT

We were no divided under Obama?
    He hasn't kept a single promise? Then why are some many on the left upset? 
    Because he has kept promises. Scotus Judge Gorsoch being one. Removing US from TPP and announcement that NAFTA will be fixed. Withdrawal from Paris Accords. VA reforms. Undoing many of Obama's executive orders. Approval of Keystone Pipeline. Restrictions on lobbying by former White House staffers. And many more are in process...have to get Congress to do their job. 

The rest of that is conspiracy theory junk. 
      June 25, 2017 6:33 PM MDT

Well, you won't like this answer.. but one can but hope.
      June 25, 2017 3:46 PM MDT

You hope for riots and violence? You are right...I don't like that answer.
      June 25, 2017 6:23 PM MDT

Don't hope for riots, DDB. Hope for Americans to continue to exercise their first amendment rights in a peaceful and responsible way, as 99% of demonstrators did after The Orange One was elected. Hope for there to continue to be a few Republican officials who prove to have compassion and a conscience so that America isn't completely destroyed. Hope that Trump's wealth and power doesn't shelter him from the truth coming out about his many, many, illegal and immoral activities, and especially hope that Mike Pence will embrace the love and compassion that is supposed to be a hallmark of his Christian faith. 
      June 25, 2017 9:30 PM MDT

i dont know what to believe
      June 25, 2017 4:32 PM MDT

Trump is a wanker.  That is my protest. 

I am through wasting time on anything to do with that pig. 
      June 26, 2017 10:19 AM MDT