Active Now

Element 99
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Donald John Trump's "Make America Great Again" is great for one group. Rich white men like him. Great for you too? How? Are you one of 'em?

Donald John Trump's "Make America Great Again" is great for one group. Rich white men like him. Great for you too? How? Are you one of 'em?

Posted - July 2, 2017

Responses

Rich - no
    White - yes
    man - no

So, one out of three I am like them.   I am not like them enough to consider Trump.  

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at July 2, 2017 6:47 PM MDT
      July 2, 2017 8:32 AM MDT

Mr. Trump is a businessman - plain and simple.  And, like many businessmen, he looks out for only 2 things - himself and $$$$.  Businessmen exploit the "labor" (they do not consider them people) under them only to get themselves higher and make more $$$ (the "labor" sees little if any of this for themselves).  If the "labor" does not do these tings they toss it aside and get another.  This is what Mr Trump told people when he was on the campaign tail and it's exactly what he's doing now.
    Trumps started out in the 50's, 60's an 70's.  During that time successful businessmen were white, rich and male (like his dad), so that's how he sees success (and his attitude has never changed).  Trump was taught that money = power and that those who don't have money are nothing more than "labor" (which helps explains part of his ego).
    Mr Trump is never going to do anything that doesn't make him money or make himself look good (in his own eyes) - no mater what he may say.   Plainly put, he doesn't care about America, he cares about Donald J. Trump.  His slogan should have read, "Make Donald Trump Great again". 
      July 2, 2017 9:01 AM MDT

Your statement is racist, sexist and classist. You say "rich, white men" as if a vote cast by rich white man is somehow invalid or worth less. Everyone has one vote and each vote is just as valid. 

How would you react if someone said about a left wing politician "She only serves the interests of poor black women", as if that somehow invalidates it? A vote is a vote.

Trump attracted enough votes to win an election so clearly he has much more than the support of rich white men.

Trump's policies are good for everyone in the long term. The fact that many can't see that (or just don't care about the long term health of society) is unfortunate, but irrelevant. They lost the election, so to hell with their feelings. This post was edited by Zeitgeist at July 10, 2017 8:52 AM MDT
      July 2, 2017 9:32 AM MDT

Sieg Hiel! 

Cull the herd.   Cleanse the filthy disloyal leakers of lies.   Of fake news.  Of anything Anti-Hitler, I mean Trump.  What is the difference?

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at July 2, 2017 9:40 AM MDT
      July 2, 2017 9:39 AM MDT

The Looney left doesn't understand that if you fix the economy you fix it for all. If you fix healthcare, or trade, or immigration, you fix it for all. 
      July 3, 2017 6:36 PM MDT

Yeah, but a lot of them do understand. They just don't care.

I spent a lot of time trying to convince leftists their ideas don't bring prosperity for anyone, but I realized I was just projecting my own desires onto them. I want prosperity so I assumed everyone does. They don't. Their driving desire is equality. The left would rather everyone was destitute in equality than wealthy in a society where they feel envious. They're just really pathetic bitter people. This post was edited by Zeitgeist at July 4, 2017 1:00 PM MDT
      July 4, 2017 12:55 PM MDT

Unfortunately, the White men I know are not that rich nor Republican. Yes, you are totally correct, when you say "Make America Great" is for the top .01%, but some are women.
      July 2, 2017 9:54 AM MDT

i dont feel like its great for me
      July 2, 2017 3:52 PM MDT

Clooney is rich and white and a man...ask him where its safe.
    to be safe is GREAT.
      July 10, 2017 7:37 AM MDT

I am not rich, not a man. I am white and I am a business owner. I did just have the biggest sales month (June) since I have been in business (22 yrs) so it was a great month for me and this month is off to an even better start.  :)
      July 10, 2017 8:50 AM MDT