Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » Which movie do you prefer? "Alien" "Aliens" "Alien3"

Which movie do you prefer? "Alien" "Aliens" "Alien3"

I really like all three of them but if I had  to choose, my preference from highest preference to least would be:

"Alien"
"Alien3"
"Aliens"

~ I'm somewhat surprised that so many people I know seem to love "Aliens" and seem to dislike the other two.

Posted - July 2, 2017

Responses

• I've never seen any of the Alien movies :/ I have heard of them though :) I'm watching Jurassic Park for first time right now.. I'm catching up on old movies then :) it's not a very good movie though :/ the guy from Senfeild show is in it and the Pulp Fiction guy. Everything else is boring. oh ... anyway , I'll get to Alien movies eventually. 
      July 2, 2017 7:39 PM MDT

Uh - - I replied already to your answer, Jaimie! Did someone find it offensive and remove it? I hope you weren't offended.
    PLOT SPOILER!!! JURASSIC PARK!!! my original comment involved a fence and the boy.

Also, my original comment said I didn't like "Jurassic Park," either. And if you watch the Alien movies, do watch them in the order I listed them in my question - - that's the order they were made and released.
    :) This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at July 9, 2017 3:35 PM MDT
      July 2, 2017 8:15 PM MDT

• jurassic park is an awful movie! Lol obviously I gave up on it half way. I guess I missed allot of movies that were popular when I was a kid and that one was on the list... I'll tackle the alien  movies next veg out day,  Thanks:). ( veg out day means hungover as fook) ;)
      July 2, 2017 8:19 PM MDT

It sucked, indeed.  Jurassic Park.  Ugh.
      July 2, 2017 8:33 PM MDT

Alien is the only one I actually watched through.  

I really liked it.  I never got to the other two.

I loved the artist who designed that monster.  It was chilling.  You could never survive an attack from something like that.

July 2, 2017 7:44 PM MDT

I so agree with you!
    :)
    I love that original "Alien" - - like I said already, I like it the best of the three. (And I think the movie franchise should have ended with "Alien3.")
      July 2, 2017 7:50 PM MDT

I like the first two, I don't remember the third though. I guess it sucked too much for me to care enough to remember. Then there was that one awful one, I think it was called Resurrection, I like to watch it just to make fun of it.
      July 2, 2017 8:01 PM MDT

"Alien Resurrection" was really bad for me, too, and I stopped watching any of the Alien movies after "Alien Resurrection" - - it came out after "Alien3." 

Yeah, most people with whom I've talked really dislike "Alien3" -  - I found it a dark, poetic film. (To me, it lacks the suspense and scares and high-intensity action of the first two movies but I love it. That's what I like about all three of the movies I mentioned - - all three movies are very different in style to me.)

:) This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at July 9, 2017 3:35 PM MDT
      July 2, 2017 8:11 PM MDT

I liked Aliens.  This post was edited by carbonproduct at July 9, 2017 3:35 PM MDT
      July 2, 2017 8:55 PM MDT

Hi, carbonproduct! I like "Aliens" a lot, too. All three movies are great to me. My ranking has very slight variance among the three. I thought the addition of the girl "Newt" in "Aliens" was great - - and that actress was great in the role to me. And Bill Paxton - -I think that's his name; my mind blanks out at the moment -- great stuff!
    Thanks for answering!
      July 9, 2017 2:13 PM MDT

Your most welcome WelbyQuentin. Nice to see you again. ;) 
      July 9, 2017 2:25 PM MDT

Thanks! 
    You, too!
      July 9, 2017 2:30 PM MDT

;)))))
      July 9, 2017 3:26 PM MDT

i havent seen them
      July 3, 2017 11:43 AM MDT

All three are great in my opinion!

July 9, 2017 2:13 PM MDT

I had only seen Aliens when someone told me I should see Alien, claiming it to be superior.  I had the chance sometime later to see Alien and watched it.  I liked it but still felt like Aliens was more entertaining.
      July 3, 2017 2:04 PM MDT

I see your point!
    To me, "Aliens" took "Alien" and made an excellent slam-bang adventure/high-action/horror/sci-fi film! To me, "Alien" is more of an atmospheric, dark, monster-stalking-somewhere, sci-fi horror. Much more quiet in its intensity as opposed to "Aliens" ' in-your-face-, all-he**-is-breaking-loose movie.
    If that makes sense.
    And "Alien3" is a like a symphonic poem to me in its vision. 

What I like about all three movies is their differences.

Off-topic - - "Beach Music" STILL lingers in my mind. What a great book - - few books stay with me this long! And remember me complaining at one point about the one character -- the young guy who became a priest -  - and his dad? Their relationship still rings strong and true, even though painful. I may have wanted them to have had a better relationship much sooner but it rings "real," for sure.
    I'll always be grateful that I saw your post about that book here. That's why I read it, your recommendation.  This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at July 9, 2017 10:51 PM MDT
      July 9, 2017 2:22 PM MDT

Thanks Welby.  It is my favorite book and Conroy is my favorite author.  I just bought a new hardback copy. I could not find mine; probably let someone borrow it. 
      July 9, 2017 11:31 PM MDT

They are all Alien to me I'm Afraid .....any yet I'm not really scared....:)p
      July 9, 2017 2:39 PM MDT

I take it you haven't seen them.

No worries -- your life will still be complete without seeing them. But I think they are all three very good if you ever decide to try them out.
      July 9, 2017 2:42 PM MDT

i prefer movies that have aliens in them.. 
      July 9, 2017 3:35 PM MDT

Those are the Spice Girls, I think?
    Maybe not. The second one from the left (the blonde) looks like Geri Hallowell. I only know her because I bought one of her solo albums and it's very good!

Thanks for answering, Skunky Stinkerson!
      July 9, 2017 5:00 PM MDT

• "I saw a little bit of the first one,
    but it made me so homesick,  I had to leave the theater."

August 19, 2017 6:21 AM MDT

Funny answer, ALF! An answer I only now just saw, sorry!
    :(
      June 8, 2018 5:49 PM MDT