Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Babies and Kids » Would you tell us something wacky you did as a kid?

Would you tell us something wacky you did as a kid?

Mine.  I took two bare copper wires, about two feet long and wrapped the ends around the contact part of a light bulb.  Then stuck the other end into a desk lamp socket.  Turned on the lamp.  The electricity arced between the wires, the bulb explodes and the cord caught fire.

Posted - July 6, 2017

Responses

I put a suction cup on my eye and pulled.  It almost pulled my eyeball out of the socket.  I had red blood eye for days afterwards.

July 6, 2017 10:13 PM MDT

• Good lord! Why?! How old?
      July 6, 2017 10:14 PM MDT

About 4.  I wanted to get everyone's attention at the table.  LOL

July 6, 2017 10:15 PM MDT

• Seems like it worked.
      July 6, 2017 10:25 PM MDT

Spent a few days thinking I was the family dog. Walked on all fours, ate from a bowl on the floor, pooped in the backyard, the whole nine. 

My mom started to get concerned so she took me in for a checkup. Vet said I was fine. 
      July 6, 2017 10:59 PM MDT

I made some hydrogen gas and made a condom balloon and let it loose.
    I made some gunpowder and tried to seal it in a glass tube. It exploded in my face. I was fortunate.
      July 7, 2017 7:36 AM MDT

• Ha! I filled an empty Whippit with gun powder and a fuse.  The shrapnel whistled through the air.  Thankfully no one was injured.
      July 7, 2017 10:54 AM MDT

Thank you for making my point about gun control and why no one needs dangerous weaponry around them.

Things like this seem like a good idea to unformed minds that cannot see the outcome.

Thankfully, no one was injured.
      July 7, 2017 10:57 AM MDT

My 2 Cents would think this is a laugh-riot, I'll bet.
      July 7, 2017 10:58 AM MDT

• Many things seem like a good at idea at the time.
      July 7, 2017 11:54 AM MDT

• Some kid at school told me that boys, who had waves in their hair were sissies, So I went home and cut my hair.  No hair from the forehead to about three inches back. 
      July 7, 2017 12:17 PM MDT

With all the tales around Christmas time, there are many things to wonder about, especially at the age of 5.  One of those wonderments many of us had was about how Santa, being all round and full of jolly, could fit down the chimney with all the toys. 
    One afternoon the gang of neighborhood kids were standing around and Doug blurted out that he didn't think it was possible.  So, truly believing that Santa could get down the chimney, Don went to prove he could.  
    Gallantly he rose to the top of their roof.  One foot at a time he entered the chimney and disappeared with a POOF!
    It is true about being covered in soot. While sliding his 5-year old body slowly down the ash covered chimney, he found there to be something blocking his exit.  
    Being that is was an incredibly tight squeeze, he started to question his own truth of Santa being able to do this with ease.
    Now realizing he couldn't get out by way of fireplace, he thought maybe he would try to go back up and pull himself out the way he came in.  Gravity was not on his side and he was officially stuck.  
    For hours he sat in their chimney until the firemen came with their truck. 
    That was the end of the mystery about Santa coming down the chimney with ease. This post was edited by Merlin at July 7, 2017 11:06 PM MDT
      July 7, 2017 10:57 PM MDT

• Everybody knows you have to put the suit on first!

July 7, 2017 11:07 PM MDT

It's the beauty in you ALF.  Even as an adult, in Earth years anyway, you still are a kid at heart.   Only adults think that way.  Personally, I think it is the reindeer and their flying magic that allows him to slide on down the chimney with ease.  They just toss some of their flying juice down each chimney and it becomes a slip and slide for him.  Of course, all the flues are open when Santa hits bottom.
    Don wasn't so lucky.  giggles!! ;)
      July 7, 2017 11:25 PM MDT

• Thank you, Merlin. That's a wonderful compliment. I'm glad we share that feeling.
      July 7, 2017 11:52 PM MDT

Indeed!  Creativity, curiosity, and imagination are all "Real."  Big winks and smiles!!  Carry on my friend, just as you are!
      July 8, 2017 12:01 AM MDT

i dont remember doing anything like that
      July 8, 2017 5:54 PM MDT