Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Is Trump's inability to spot his limo a sign he's lost it?

Is Trump's inability to spot his limo a sign he's lost it?

There is footage of Trump getting off his jet and walking past his limo, only to be redirected to it. Many are saying this is proof he's experiencing a serious cognitive issue, like dementia. In the past, I've seen documentaries on presidential security and safety and know it's common for the secret service to have decoy vehicles and to direct a president to a hidden one. I'm inclined to think that's all this was. What do you guys think? I'd really like legit thoughts that don't involve a political view. Is he in cognitive decline? Fatigued from travel? Dealing with reasonable confusion due to secret service tactics? Something else?

Posted - July 8, 2017

Responses

There's lots to suggest that Trump has serious cognitive and mental issues but  this doesn't make my list.  

I really wish they'd stop pointing out trivial matters so that when real issues arise, they're not met with skepticism and denial.  

This post was edited by LyricalOne at July 8, 2017 6:47 PM MDT
      July 8, 2017 3:11 PM MDT

No, he hasn't lost it... he never had *IT* to start with.. .and you know me.. barely a political comment ever passes my fingertips :P  Seriously though, people are my thing and that';s the reason I dislike him, very little to do with politics, just that he's a horrible person and I DO believe he is, as we say, several bricks short of a pallet.  I DO believe he struggles to read and write, I do believe he has some kind of learning difficulty (bear in mind I support people with disabilities and learning difficulties so I don't believe it's their fault) and I do believe he has a very questionable mental health/personality disorders.. now that can happen as a result of learning difficulties... but point is... a) he/people should at least be able to accept and recognise it rather than have all this bluster and denial and b) I am not sure it's the best idea to have someone like that running the country.
      July 8, 2017 3:12 PM MDT

Umm... Just curious, what part of this related to him walking past the limo?
      July 8, 2017 3:18 PM MDT

Well I am happy you asked.. perhaps one of those slight language glitches where it was clear to me but not to others :P  So no he hasn't lost it.. he never had it.. the limo incident was just one of so, so, so many worrying signs and incidents..  We cannot take one incident as meaning anything.. but in his case, it's one of many..  SO relating this back to the question for you, what I am saying is... in itself it's not significant but there are wider concerns regarding his personality, his behaviour, his inability to read and digest information, his seeming to forget what he said, to answer simple questions, his restricted language and thought processes... are all part of more worrying symptoms, of which the limo incident may, or may not be a further example of. And, I was, I guess, highlighting in a general way, some of these further concerns, all of which may indicate loss of cognitive ability, (though I believe he lost it some time ago, or never had it.) 

July 8, 2017 3:38 PM MDT

I see. That makes more sense. Thank you for elaborating!
      July 8, 2017 3:56 PM MDT

You are welcome, it's been a very long day... my original reply was perhaps more an extension than a direct answer :P
      July 8, 2017 4:24 PM MDT

• Did you ever have something on your mind and walk right past where you were going?
    Of course, it didn't make the news because you aren't a celebrity or the President who 
    is watched 24/7 so they can sell more newspapers.

When Trump gets to the bottom of the stairs ... the camera loses him. There's no way 
    of knowing what was there, what happened, what might have obstructed his view, 
    if someone initially directed him otherwise. You can't see what happened at that moment
    of truth when he gets to the bottom of the stairs. His eyes were on the stairs,
    on the way down the stairs, but his next decision ... you don't get to see.

I don't normally answer political questions on this site because I don't like getting beaten
    up by women, but I think I can take you. :)

July 8, 2017 3:50 PM MDT

LOL!  Good points, btw.
      July 8, 2017 3:58 PM MDT

lol Excellent points.  I often forget what I was about to do or why I walked into a room and, you're absolutely right. It's totally possible someone directed him inaccurately at the bottom of the stairs or that something else happened there. All things I didn't consider.

As for the last part, we'll see about that. :o
      July 8, 2017 4:09 PM MDT

• Hmmmm ... your DOJ Rap sheet says you went to Charm School. Must have worn off. :)
      July 8, 2017 6:43 PM MDT

Alf, you prefer to get beaten up by men?  :)
      July 8, 2017 6:39 PM MDT

• Hmmm ... with men, you have a chance of winning. If you beat up a woman, you go to jail.
      July 8, 2017 6:47 PM MDT

LOL ...
      July 9, 2017 7:37 AM MDT

Well Alf,. I can honestly say I have never beaten you up :P And I can't imagine doing so! So hopefully that allows me to comment... even though last time I looked I am a woman :P You are most definitely allowed your opinions and it's all about putting over points that perhaps others hadn't considered... I think you did that pretty well. However, I would respond on a couple of points here.. 
    1) I also said that one incident may, or may not, be indicative of a cognitive or mental health problem.. but I would add that in this case we have a whole litany of incidents, on an almost daily basis that overall very much do suggest reason for concern, (you guys had a prez who was an actor and who had dementia, and you had Bush who was famous for his gaffs so perhaps you are more used to having prez's with these kinds of difficulty) What I find fascinating from a people-watching perspective is how people seem to overtly look to dismiss any and all of these incidents.. I still maintain I wouldn't want someone who forgets what he's said and denies he ever said things, who makes so many glaring gaffs and who clearly struggles on an intellectual level with reading, writing and with the how realistic his plans are in charge of my country.. 
    You do make a good point that Trump is watched 24/7 and so anything he does wrong is going to find itself in the papers and on the net.. but the thing is, every other prez or celeb has the same... and the reality is that we just don't see this level of gaffs, errors, social awkwardness, lack of ability to answer simple questions, severely limited language and behaviour outbursts in ANY other Prez or even celeb.... SO i do think that one needs to be objective and see what's before us rather than seeking actively to dismiss and deny...
    2) respectfully, and logically I did think that the comment about women was a bit uncalled for. We know that on here there are a goodly number of women who are very notable and vociferously so, supporters of Trump. Equally there are a goodly number of men who do not support Trump.. Hopefully, and respectfully, you can see my point there :)
      July 9, 2017 1:42 AM MDT

• The original question asked for an answer that didn't involve a political opinion. I thought I did that.
    The original question used the one instance as evidence and I answered doing the same.

When I said that I didn't like getting beat up by women ... i meant verbally, that's all we have here.
    For a man, arguing with a woman is usually a fruitless endeavor. Probably why "never argue with a woman" is such a popular phrase.
    If you are still offended by any of this ... I'm sorry. Actually, the last comment in my answer, was directed at the asker and you see what it got me! :)

Finally ... (going against the asker's request) I was not/am not a Trump or Hillary supporter.
      July 9, 2017 7:17 AM MDT

All cool but, I am surprised that you seem to be feeling that I have in some way beaten you up, verbally? It seems to be implied? And the thing is....I often get that on here... people seeming not to read my comments as intended... reasoned debate with no emotion.. If you think about it.. I wasn't political either... I've no need to be as it doesn't much matter to me... I'm not involved so I don't have to care and that's good cos I can just say it as it seems.. yes? 

so I think the thing that puzzles and concerns me is...that you seem to think I am offfended?  I made an observation.. I felt it was a valid one... but observing that there are plenty of women on here who would readily agree with you and saying that specifically mentioning women was "a bit uncalled for" really seemed to me pretty mild and not indicative of being in any way deeply offended. Indeed  I don't remember feeling offended... I just observed that it seemed a bit, well uncalled for :)  My intent was for you to enjoy my observations.. :)
      July 9, 2017 11:32 AM MDT

• Well ... we've got that sorted.
      July 9, 2017 1:31 PM MDT

Alf, don't get sucked in by the trolls.
      July 9, 2017 1:17 PM MDT

• You know what?

I'm in much to good of a mood to respond to this like I really want to.

My being here is only an acknowledgement and to show that I am paying attention.

lol

July 8, 2017 5:01 PM MDT

...And my response is only acknowledgment of your presence and agreeable attitude. Have a cookie. :)

July 8, 2017 6:48 PM MDT

He looked preoccupied.  Haven't you ever driven to the wrong location due to your autopilot taking over?
      July 8, 2017 6:18 PM MDT

All the time. Thanks for your response. :)
      July 8, 2017 6:49 PM MDT

I'm not fan of Trump, but one of the explanations, and I found it plausible, was that he was expecting to be taken wherever he was going by helicopter so he walked past the limo to look for it.  Then, he was shepherded back to it.
      July 8, 2017 6:41 PM MDT

That makes sense too. Thanks!
      July 8, 2017 6:49 PM MDT