Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Zack
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » answerMug Members » AnswerBag refugees, do you remember the barrage-posts of Anonymous Girl, Tanzanite, Amber and others? ~

AnswerBag refugees, do you remember the barrage-posts of Anonymous Girl, Tanzanite, Amber and others? ~

I loved and appreciated their rapid-fire postings of several unrelated questions in quick succession because they were funny, interesting, engaging, lighthearted, sometimes serious, sometimes very silly, covered zillions of different topics, and were completely inoffensive to anyone on the planet.

The current AnswerMug series of bombardment being posted by someone else, however . . .

~

Posted - July 21, 2017

Responses

Ah,yes. The good old days.
      July 21, 2017 9:09 AM MDT

• "Yes, I do."
      July 21, 2017 9:15 AM MDT
  • AG

Yes, those were fun! 

I'm biased, of course.
      July 21, 2017 9:36 AM MDT

(It's allowed; I won't turn you in.)

~
      July 21, 2017 7:52 PM MDT

July 27, 2017 8:01 AM MDT

im not sure i remember them
      July 21, 2017 11:36 AM MDT

But I remember you : )
      July 27, 2017 8:17 AM MDT

Apparently they don't agree.  They are not here, are they?   They spent a lot of time bitching about these sites so it was time for them to move on.  I remember it differently.

I remember people always complaining about Amber's many questions.  Just like they do to Rosie.    There were a select few that kept answering everything she wrote, like me, but there were the exact same type of sad sacks and whiners who complained about it. 

I thought she was funny.  Many did not.

That's why I don't pay a drop of attention to what anyone else likes and I just do what I like.  Amber was funny.  Tanz was interesting and AG was a total question writer.

So, where are they now?  Asking questions somewhere else, I guess.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at March 3, 2021 6:11 AM MST
      July 21, 2017 12:28 PM MDT

I miss Elizabeth.  Thankfully, Sharonna is still here. She adds color and comedy. 
      July 21, 2017 1:00 PM MDT

Thanks, bh.  But elizabeth was way nicer than me.  Everyone loved eliz.  Me too.
      July 21, 2017 1:02 PM MDT

(elizabeth Elizabeth)
    (nicer than me I)

March 3, 2021 6:34 AM MST

... This post was edited by Element 99 at March 3, 2021 6:42 AM MST
      July 21, 2017 4:11 PM MDT

• Look above you....AG answered this before you did. She has also been around the site for the last couple of days. :)
      July 21, 2017 4:28 PM MDT

Thank you. I am trying to be around more:)
      July 27, 2017 8:17 AM MDT

You know that I am still here, right? Ouch. Thanks a lot. Nice to know how you really feel about me....

I am not around much because I don't have a computer at my apartment. I finally nailed a 40 hour a week job (overnight), have a loving boyfriend, and an active social life. I come here when I am visiting my parents. It has nothing to do with disliking the site or disliking the members here. Sure the multitude of Trump posts gets to me sometimes, but that's not a reason to dislike a website. I'm just not American, so I can't relate to Trump problems.

As for Amber, she is married and works full time. She doesn't have time for this site anymore, but it doesn't mean she doesn't like people here. Also, she probably read your post too. I mean, I showed it to her before I saw this and she said it tempted her to sign up to tell you guys she missed you.

Double ouch.

Don't think Tanzie would like to see this post either, especially with how much she tried to get along with everyone.

**I know you ended your post with nice things, but the first part of your post was really hurtful to read. This post was edited by AG at July 28, 2017 8:49 PM MDT
      July 27, 2017 8:01 AM MDT

What in the world did you take out of my comment that caused you to say OUCH?

This is EXACTLY what I thought of you.

????  No INSULTS at all here.  I assumed you WOULD read that.  SO?

Here is what I SAID EXACTLY:

I thought she was funny. Many did not.

That's why I don't pay a drop of attention to what anyone else likes and I just do what I like. Amber was funny. Tanz was interesting and AG was a total question writer.

So, where are they now? Asking questions somewhere else, I guess.

SO what?

I wish to God all of you were still here.  You are not.  Life goes on.  When you are here, I am very glad to see you.

I said you were a total question writer.  You were.  I wish you would ask  them once more on here.   Rosie is being attacked on a daily basis for writing so many.  But they are all about Donald Trump.

So, that is why I made a comparison.  Don't be so touchy.  You know I loved you and still do.

And Amber?  Of course.

Tanz?  I barely really knew her. 

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at July 28, 2017 8:49 PM MDT
      July 27, 2017 8:03 AM MDT

Okay, thanks for explaining. I appreciate it.

It just came across as really harsh at the beginning.

You made it sound like all we did was complain about the site.

I don't remember them complaining about the site; only about times they were unfairly treated or being frustrated when people made wrongful assumptions about them. Or when they were trying to fix bugs to help the site be more accessible to everyone. I don't see that as complaining, I see it as feedback.

:) This post was edited by AG at July 27, 2017 11:13 PM MDT
      July 27, 2017 8:10 AM MDT

I am SO sorry.

That is the last thing I was trying to say.  I was mainly aiming that at Randy.  We kind of blast one another a lot and it did sound awful.

I was thinking mostly about Amber on Answer Bag and how she let them have it all the time for PBing her.  I remember everyone getting on there all the time and saying THIS SITE SUCKS.

And it sounded like I was saying I didn't agree.  THAT SITE SUcKED.

Then when everyone came here, it was great, but you guys didn't stay long and I figured you didn't like it that much and moved on.

That is what I meant.

I loved all three of you and you all are very sorely missed.    I'm sorry if that sounded horrid.

This part was supposed to knock the people who did not like you guys.  NOT YOU GUYS.  SORRY.  That came out horrible.  I hope Amber doesn't think I was insulting her.

I remember people always complaining about Amber's many questions. Just like they do to Rosie. There were a select few that kept answering everything she wrote, like me, but there were the exact same type of sad sacks and whiners who complained about it. 

but there were the exact same type of sad sacks and whiners who complained about it.   NOT YOU GUYS,   the people on the site that were complaining all the time.  NOT YOU GUYS.  SORRY.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at July 27, 2017 8:20 AM MDT
      July 27, 2017 8:14 AM MDT

Yes, Amber was PBed a lot ... for many stupid reasons. I know about a lot of them. Other people could say something and get away with it, but if she did... she'd get boxed. That's not fair.

Also she stood up for people who got PBed for stupid reasons as well.

There's a lot more than meets the eye.

She's also been released from the box for being unfairly PBed.

As for why we didn't stay around long, we are young and we still work to make our bills. We do not work from home. Basically we have jobs where we can't be on the Internet all the time, as well as busy social lives in person.

Amber is constantly working overtime and I am constantly staying extra after my shifts. She is MARRIED as well, so she's busy by default. She doesn't need to come on the site she met her husband all the time anymore, because she knows him in person. Kinda like Juice and her husband who also met and got married, then disappeared from AB. Also she is sad about AB's demise because her and her husband lost so many of their messages from when they first met. There is no reason for her to dislike AB when it's where she met the love of her life.

Anyhow....

Thanks again for explaining your feelings. That doesn't sound so bad. And I miss you all, too. Even Wellduh and her being so annoying for always being right about my relationships. But thanks to her being an annoying Answerbag Mom to me, I am now with a loving and caring boyfriend who would walk the ends of the Earth for me just to put a smile on my face. This post was edited by AG at August 21, 2017 7:34 AM MDT
      July 27, 2017 8:27 AM MDT

Sharonna, this response of yours shows that you updated it as of today’s date, in fact, within the past 25 minutes! When I looked at it 30 minutes ago, it had been updated, supposedly by you, in December of 2020, almost a year after you disappeared from daily postings here.  Are you there, are you really you?  Your profile shows that you’re no longer on the website, but someone somehow is updating this list!

What gives? Grrrrrrr.
    ~
      March 3, 2021 6:31 AM MST

Sure I do and I've moved on from that.
      July 21, 2017 12:38 PM MDT

I do 
    and miss them all
    they were all friendly
    and conversant as well.
      July 21, 2017 12:52 PM MDT

Back in the day, when I was a member on AB, I did the same. Tanz and I had a lot of fun. There were nights we'd ask 50 in a row, playing off each other. That was rare, but it usually fell in the 25-30 per day range, I think. I think most people liked them, just as you did, but not everyone did. In fact, I got called a spammer by several people. There were ones who loathed the silliness and banter, and decided those who posted like that were ruining the quality of the site with our nonsense questions. But, I personally, loved the questions AG, Amber, Tanz, XT, and the like asked, which is why, when the rules of this site were set up, I made it clear that each person was welcome to say his or her piece. I miss those days sometimes, but being labeled as a spammer, when I knew there were people who enjoyed the rapid fire and fun, it stunk, and it sucked a lot of the fun out of it, but it also taught me that what I like isn't what everyone likes, and that, just because something isn't my cup of tea, doesn't mean someone else doesn't like it. I wouldn't admonish the non-cup-of-tea-ers any more than I would the group you mentioned. Different strokes. If I want my freedom, it's only right that I grant the same to others. *sigh* It really would be something to see those people again, though. I miss the exchanges. 
      July 21, 2017 1:00 PM MDT

In my opinion, an occasionl burst of questions on any subject is not spam. I think that spam is one-sided. For example posting dozens of questions daily and only wanting certain people to respond  or certain types of answers is spam. A spammer ignores or puts down any response they don't like, doesn't participate in discussions started by others and does not care about any negative effects on the site or its members.
      July 22, 2017 7:58 AM MDT