Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Malizz
Element 99
Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Do tax returns show not only financial activity but also character? They show Assets/Liabiities/Income. How do they show character?

Do tax returns show not only financial activity but also character? They show Assets/Liabiities/Income. How do they show character?

Posted - July 22, 2017

Responses

Post yours on here and we'll let you know. 
    _
      July 22, 2017 11:26 AM MDT

No, an individual 1040 shows how much money a person earned in one year.

A Business tax form will show income for the business, expenses and assets that are still being depreciated will be listed.

No, liabilities will not be shown unless they were written off somehow (yes it is legal to do) This post was edited by my2cents at July 6, 2018 9:32 AM MDT
      July 22, 2017 11:52 AM MDT

Thank you, Cents, for putting it straight.  
      July 22, 2017 1:20 PM MDT

I have never understood why people go on about the tax returns...it truly tells you nothing. 

But gives the other something to gripe about..... i.e. did not give enough to charity, and the famous the effective tax rate was only % which is a lower rate that his secretary has to pay....just a game the media loves to play because most Americans don't know any better.  If I were running for office, I would never release my tax form either.

July 22, 2017 1:31 PM MDT

Let's get Mueller's opinion on what can be learned from a tax return before we deicide whether a tax return "truly tells you nothing."

He should ultimately be able to "put it straight." This post was edited by tom jackson at July 23, 2017 3:19 AM MDT
      July 22, 2017 3:07 PM MDT

I think Mueller is going to be fired tom. Doofus Donny has already admitted he is guilty of something terrible. He wouldn't be investigating whether he has the power to pardon himself otherwise. Of course his defenders won't see it that way. Each day it can all explode. Almost all of the Republicans are spineless and not enough of them will act as they should to uphold the laws of the land. We have been in a Constitutional crisis since January 20, 2017 in my opinion and it's getting worse with each passing day. I have little faith that justice will be done here. Why? Because too many millions of Americans don't see any problem with the Doofus. They think those who don't support him are the problem. They are a minority to be sure but that minority happens to hold the balance of power in our current government. So we shall see. Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday!  You really think Mueller will be allowed to do his job? I hope to he** you're right.  :)
      July 23, 2017 3:25 AM MDT

i think they do, just not sure how
      July 22, 2017 3:35 PM MDT

Yes, they tell us something about the person's character. Though like all psychology such analysis is very subjective. Without wisdom, and the left have none, you can't interpret anything properly.

The envious mind will always see the decadence that it wishes to see and be blind to the virtue it doesn't wish to see. It has no sense of perspective or proportion.
      July 23, 2017 1:47 AM MDT