Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » I recently paid full price for a cask of Amontillado. Have I been a fool?

I recently paid full price for a cask of Amontillado. Have I been a fool?

Posted - July 22, 2017

Responses

I think Trump can use your carcass as part of the filler for his Wall.  Thump Thump Thump Let me out Donald Trump!!!!

Amontillado
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    An amontillado

Amontillado [a.mon.ti.ˈʝa.ðo] is a variety of sherry wine characterized by being darker than fino but lighter than oloroso. It is named after the Montilla region of Spain, where the style originated in the 18th century, although the name "Amontillado" is sometimes used commercially as a simple measure of colour to label any sherry lying between a fino and an oloroso. An amontillado sherry begins as a fino, fortified to approximately 13.5% alcohol with a cap of flor yeast limiting its exposure to the air. A cask of fino is considered to be amontillado if the layer of flor fails to develop adequately, is intentionally killed by additional fortification or is allowed to die off through non-replenishment. Without the layer of flor, amontillado must be fortified to approximately 17.5% alcohol so that it does not oxidise too quickly. After the additional fortification, amontillado oxidises slowly, exposed to oxygen through the slightly porous American or Canadian oak casks, and gains a darker colour and richer flavour than fino.

Amontillado is characterized by nutty aromas, tobacco, aromatic herbs and often ethereal, polished notes of oak. The fusion of two different aging processes makes Amontillado wines extraordinarily complex and intriguing.[1]
      July 22, 2017 7:59 PM MDT

Fortunato paid the ultimate price---glad you got a better deal.
      July 22, 2017 8:05 PM MDT

• That prick Fortunato got what he deserved.
      July 22, 2017 8:15 PM MDT

Is your family motto "nemo me impune lacessit?" If so, than I suspect not. This post was edited by Just Asking at July 22, 2017 8:20 PM MDT
      July 22, 2017 8:20 PM MDT

not if you wanted it
      July 23, 2017 5:43 PM MDT