Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » Why does this site keep dropping my signed in status?

Why does this site keep dropping my signed in status?

Posted - July 22, 2017

Responses

Have you cleared your cache and cookies? What type of browser, operating system, and device are you using?
      July 22, 2017 9:03 PM MDT

• I have no idea what the computer jargon means.  I'm using Windows.  I'll be on Mug for a bit, go to another page, return to Mug and have to log in again.  This glitch is new, happening here and there over a month or so.
      July 22, 2017 9:56 PM MDT

Yes, I remember talking to you a couple weeks ago about it. I don't have any reports from anyone else about similar behavior, though, so it sounds like it's isolated. 

If you tell me what browser (Chrome, FireFox, Internet Explorer, etc.) you're using, I'll give you step-by-step instructions on how to clear your cache and cookies. That will also give me the chance to download the same browser as you and see if I can duplicate the problem or do some research and see if there's an incompatibility issue. If, for example, you're not using a browser we support, your best bet may be to move to a more standard one. If it's a common one and I can duplicate the problem, then I can start researching how to make our codes play nice with that particular browser- or stick the devs on it.
      July 23, 2017 3:14 AM MDT

• Explorer.  Yes, we chatted about this before.  I'm a bit of a luddite and all the computer talk eludes me.
      July 23, 2017 8:07 AM MDT

I actually found some really detailed and illustrated instructions for clearing the cache and cookies here: https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141 

Please give that a go if/ when you have time and if you need help after that, I will try to troubleshoot. 
      July 26, 2017 2:40 PM MDT

cus it can
    it's a bit uppity lately... haha
      July 23, 2017 2:27 AM MDT

not sure
      July 23, 2017 5:36 PM MDT

It's a conspiracy whistle6 . (winks and smiles)  We all just want to make sure you are around.  We like your input on an abundancey of questions.

There is no conspiracy whistle6.  I wasn't kidding about liking you around. :)  Have a great day!
      July 26, 2017 3:36 PM MDT