Active Now

Malizz
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Education » When you graduated high school did you think you knew everything? Did the first day of school or training thereafter make you realize

When you graduated high school did you think you knew everything? Did the first day of school or training thereafter make you realize

you knew nothing? After training and becoming certified did you again know it all but on your first day of work in the REAL world were you back to being a dummy?

Posted - July 23, 2017

Responses

Oh I was a big know-it-all exacerbated by the fact that I had a drinking problem.   I think from the time I was an adolescent until I reached my early 30's, I thought I knew more than God.     It took sobriety and maturity to make me come to some semblance of humility.

July 23, 2017 10:39 PM MDT

After high school I lucked into a great job which allowed me to grow and advance within the company; I am now retired from that company.  By the time I retired I had a college degree and a law degree.    No, I didn't know everything but I had opportunity and the company paid for my University education.  Working full time and going to school full time in the evening is not easy, but people who want it, get it.    I will be forever thankful for that benefit. 
      July 23, 2017 10:57 PM MDT

• "No" ... I was gifted, early, with an inferiority complex and it's been a life-long companion.
      July 23, 2017 11:06 PM MDT

Nope, I got over my pretentious know-it-all phase in my earlier years of high school.
      July 24, 2017 6:24 AM MDT

i feel that way now like i know nothing
      July 24, 2017 2:34 PM MDT