Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Home and Garden » Does your home and/or garden make you happy/contented?

Does your home and/or garden make you happy/contented?

Mine does.... for sure there are things I would change. I'd love more land and parking space is especially a bugbear of mine...  and I don't have fancy start of the art things inside my house, but I love it. I love how it's evolved over the years and how everything has been adapted to meet my needs...  

And my garden... sure I hanker for a jacuzzi or hot tub... and I'd like more land again but every plant in it was planted by me... every weed pulled..  It's far from perfect... and I do work hard on it.. but overall I am very pleased with how it's looking this year. Be it ever so humble as they say, there's no place like home.

Posted - July 24, 2017

Responses

They do make me happy and content . Cheers!
      July 24, 2017 3:56 PM MDT

I'd change the fact that I owe 50,000 plus interest.  I'd change that.

Oh, and I do love hearing about your home life.  It is soothing.  Thanks for that. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at July 26, 2017 1:36 PM MDT
      July 24, 2017 3:58 PM MDT

not really since i live in an apt building and dont really care much for my neighbors
      July 25, 2017 3:44 PM MDT

My house is old.  My home is older.  I would like to sell my house to good people.  My garden is beautiful and colorful one day and by night, the creatures come out to dine.  Somewhere, I find, that seems to balance it out.  It's wonderful and frustrating thing.  I could complain but we all have to eat to live.  
    Being content is a nice place to be.  This is not a house I would like to retire in.  This is a house to move forward in.  
    Long story kind of short (;)),
    I am biding time in my house and with my garden trying to meet all the criteria for the creatures and the building requirements.  It is suitable and livable.  I'm hoping to make it a home for someone soon.
    The creatures, I love.  They are more than welcome to stay.  I'll meet their cousins when we move, hopefully soon. :)

This post was edited by Merlin at July 26, 2017 1:36 PM MDT
      July 26, 2017 8:56 AM MDT

That's a very cool story. I hope you find your forever home one day and are contented in that :)  I love my home but hopefully plan to retire to Wales where there is usually a lot more land..  If I could I would pick up my house and my garden and transport it to Wales :)
      July 26, 2017 1:21 PM MDT

I wish you the bestest of best to retire in Wales.  I hear it is absolutely beautiful and I have a very strong feeling you will most definitely fit in!  You are a beautiful person with a heart of gold.  Please don't leave too soon... I would miss you.  Have a great day :) Love, Merlin
      July 26, 2017 3:14 PM MDT

Sounds lovely, a true home. 

My place is simple but provides great comfort in so many ways.  
      July 26, 2017 1:36 PM MDT