Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » Do you drink any kinds of milk other than milk from cows?

Do you drink any kinds of milk other than milk from cows?

There's also goat's milk, soy milk and rice milk.

Posted - July 24, 2017

Responses

Human milk. O_o Not on any kind of regular basis or anything though. lol
      July 24, 2017 8:39 PM MDT

Freaky deaky.
      July 24, 2017 8:40 PM MDT

Hahaha. No. My mom breastfed me. :p
    Ok, and I tried my own, but who wouldn't? :o
      July 24, 2017 8:54 PM MDT

lol, I put my fifth milk question about that in AnswerMug Free-for-All, glad I'm not the only one.
      July 24, 2017 9:05 PM MDT

lol I suppose if there's a potential sexual/ fetish element to it, Free-for-All is the best place for it. I just felt weird giving my kid something when I had no idea what it was like. lol It could have tasted nasty or something. :o Royalty has official food tasters. 

This is an interesting article that talks about cultural differences in regard to nursing, if you ever find the time. https://www.naturalchild.org/guest/ruth_kamnitzer.html 
      July 24, 2017 9:16 PM MDT

Cats. I milk their nipples.

July 24, 2017 8:40 PM MDT

I don't think you would get anything out of my cat.  She hasn't been declawed.
      July 24, 2017 9:06 PM MDT

Soy "milk" and rice "milk" are not really "milks" by definition. 

But there's quite a few other mammals that are used for milk production. There's horse milk (popular in the Mongol part of Russia), caribou (reindeer) milk (consumed in Scandinavia), camels milk (middle east), buffalo milk (Asia), donkey milk, yak milk and sheep milk (which makes a great cheese for you pasta, by the way).

My own personal favorite is produced by Guernsey cows. Brown Swiss and Jerseys are right up there in quality too. The milk is a pale yellow because of the very generous butterfat content, which enhances the flavor. But most milk these days comes from Holstein cows which go for quantity, no quality. In fact the butterfat content is sometimes so low in Holstein milk that some dairy farmers run a few head of one of the breeds that I mentioned to keep their butterfat content up to snuff (Butterfat content determines how much the farmer is paid for his or her milk).
      July 24, 2017 10:27 PM MDT

no, i dont drink milk much since im supposed to be allergic to it
      July 25, 2017 2:34 PM MDT

• I do not often drink milk, but I have only tried cow's milk. I do not want any soya or rice milk. They lack complete proteins, so they are a waste of time.
      August 3, 2017 9:10 AM MDT