Discussion » Questions » answerMug Members » To all the wild and crazy, logical and curious, shy and witty muggers out there, do you believe in magic?

To all the wild and crazy, logical and curious, shy and witty muggers out there, do you believe in magic?

Posted - July 24, 2017

Responses

I believe that "magic" is nothing more than intention. We can all make things happen- it's often referred to as manifestation. I think people who focus their energies can make some really cool things happen. I also think that people who have darker energy attract the garbage in life. Lastly, I think that "magic" happens all around us. We just don't always pay attention or appreciate it when a series of events unravels and something cool happens.

Here's a silly example. I just had my family at Disneyland. All my daughter cared about was seeing the princesses. We tried a few times, but I guess they were on break or something when we went to where they should be. She was a trooper, but she was also getting more anxious as the day progressed. We were hanging out kind of near the castle in the Alice in Wonderland stuff and decided to go on that ride. It's one of those ones where you sit in a cart and are taken through an indoor tour... like a very mild roller coaster. We waited in line for about 30 minutes. We got maybe 2 minutes into the ride when it totally stopped. And, it didn't start again. We must have sat there for another 30 minutes while we waited for a cast member to collect us and walk us off the ride. The cast member didn't say anything to us, just walked us to a door, motioned for us to step outside, and then shut the door behind us. We were dumped in an alley. lol No "Sorry you wasted an hour." No "Here's a ticket to the front of a line." Nothing. So, we decide to try to make our way back to the castle again, only, the road is blocked off and the sidewalks are densely packed. Parade time. We were stuck, so we just sat down and waited it out. Within minutes, the float with all the princesses arrived. They all waved at my daughter and her favorite, Ariel, blew her a kiss. That was the highlight of the trip for her. When people ask her what she liked most- that was it. I jokingly told my daughter that it was "Disney magic" that broke the ride, so she could meet the princesses. Maybe it was magic. Maybe it was happenstance. Maybe it was manifestation. Whatever it was, it was way too coincidental for it not to have been something. 
      July 24, 2017 10:43 PM MDT

To me, it sounds like you and Disney made magic happen together :)
    It goes to show, not only do you believe in magic but that you allow your "white magic" to flow.
    No.  That is not racist.  That is what good magic is known as.
    Totally awesome story JA!
    ;)  Thank you This post was edited by Merlin at July 25, 2017 3:42 PM MDT
      July 24, 2017 11:07 PM MDT

• Depends how high I am.
      July 24, 2017 10:55 PM MDT

Kites, Flying, Autumn, Fall, Wind
    So true Glis!!  I'm smiling big time over here!!  
      July 24, 2017 11:18 PM MDT

Merlin honey, I'm so sorry I keep missing your questions.  I will try to make my way through them as I have a few moments to spare.

There are certain things we do in life that can make us imagine magic is flowing through us at the time.  I'm sure you and Don know what I'm talking about. lol.  If we can manage to get our schedules in sync during the fall, we will sit & discuss all this and more my friend.  I know between the two of us, we can solve all the world's, and Harry's, problems. ;-)
      July 25, 2017 8:30 AM MDT

Harry... you just made my day!!  indeed.  Happy goosebumps and dance all at once. :) 
      July 25, 2017 5:08 PM MDT

not really to be honest
      July 25, 2017 2:19 PM MDT