Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Finance » If one's allegiance is to money it's best to be a spy. Better yet a double agent. Two paychecks. Why is money everything to some?

If one's allegiance is to money it's best to be a spy. Better yet a double agent. Two paychecks. Why is money everything to some?

Posted - July 25, 2017

Responses

No, it's best to be a government worker. 20-years to "work" to make it to retirement age, retire with full benefits and then get a full-time job in the public sector. Two paychecks, full benefits and as a bonus someone that really needs that private sector job gets screwed out of it.
      July 25, 2017 8:57 AM MDT

Not very familiar with government jobs, eh?
      July 25, 2017 9:44 AM MDT

Oh, yes I am. I've got a number of neighbors that are "double-dippers". Nice 20-year career with Uncle Sam and then at age 45 to 50 they're off to the private sector for an even higher salary and better benefits, all while collecting their full pensions.
      July 25, 2017 10:28 AM MDT

And with regard to legal matters, you probably know a friend of a friend who has a cousin that is a legal aide.

July 25, 2017 12:02 PM MDT

Yeah, right.

I live in the national capital region, know a LOT of government "retirees" that are doing very well on their double-dipping. They still have their Rolls Royce health-care plans (no Obamacare table scraps for them!) They're proud of being able to extort the taxpayer. But keep on denying it for some reason (probably because you're one of the double dippers too). I'm going to continue to believe my own eyes.
      July 25, 2017 12:37 PM MDT

cause thats all they care about
      July 25, 2017 12:58 PM MDT

I don't know.. I find it puzzling myself.. especially the lengths people will go to and the wrongs they are willing to undertake or overlook in order to gain this wealth.  

Money has never really mattered to me.. not sure why.. I've known someone who grew up poor and money and spending was everything to her... I grew up poor and money really doesn't matter to me.. I'd like more of course but I am not willing to sacrifice anything in the pursuit of money. 
      July 25, 2017 2:29 PM MDT