Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Whether you're a fan or not what is the first thing you think of when I say WOODY ALLEN? Why?

Whether you're a fan or not what is the first thing you think of when I say WOODY ALLEN? Why?

Posted - July 28, 2017

Responses

Paedophile. Dylan Farrow is very believable.
      July 28, 2017 5:35 AM MDT

Ditto. Plus he took pictures of his naked stepdaughter when she was 17 and then married her. Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday.
      October 16, 2017 3:43 AM MDT

I think you continually put a lowercase "j" directly before an uppercase letters on many of your postings, and I think you should proofread and edit (which you hardly ever do).

That's what I think.
      July 28, 2017 5:37 AM MDT

One word: Funny!
      July 28, 2017 8:53 AM MDT

I think the best picture he ever made was THE FRONT. You don't hear much about it. It wasn't funny. It was about the blacklisting days in America. Most of his humor is kinda wacky. Not my cuppa tea particularly. He always plays a whining human being. It gets tiresome. I don't like whiners and having to pay to watch one for a couple of hours doesn't make sense to me. I'm not a fan of Monty Python either so what do I know? Thank you for your reply HarryD and Happy Monday to thee. Do you have a favorite film of his?.
      October 16, 2017 3:47 AM MDT

My favorite Woody Allen film......

July 28, 2017 8:58 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday.
      October 16, 2017 3:47 AM MDT

This is just like the Michael Jackson story.

I KNOW he is guilty as sin of many hideous dysfunctional family situations. I just don't know whom to believe since Mia Farrow is not credible.

She is just as flaky.   This is not to attack her for bringing up his illegal activities concerning family values.  I just don't know who to believe.  She has a history of dysfunctional relationships herself, and while she may not be guilty of anything, she keeps getting herself into some very compromising situations.

She was sexually attacked by the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi.  That was weird enough.  I'm sure she was blameless, but how the hell did she get herself into that situation?   Yes, she was YOUNG, she was a young hippie girl in India for the first time.  Okay, I'll let that one rest. 

Then (after a divorce)  she marries Frank Sinatra for a whole 15 seconds.   And she was not so young now.  She had already been married once before to Andre' Previn.  Her career was now defunct.   So, she dallies with this creep, Woody,  for years before she finds out anything about his weird proclivities.   You know why?  Because they could not live together.   He called all the shots in that relationship.  He didn't want to live in the same abode with his common-law wife and kids?   So, no wonder he thought of his kids as being strangers and maybe even dateable.    What mother would put up with this behavior?  She's WEIRD.  They lived like this for years.    And I think it was because he revived her dwindling career and made her a star again. 

That said?  I am still a fan of his work. NOT HIM. NEVER HIM.  They unearthed some photos he took of his adopted daughter, Soon Yi with her legs spread naked and left them on his fireplace mantlepiece.   Mia Farrow found them.    Supposedly. But what happened to them?  That should have been grounds for a pedophilia conviction.  She was underage.  I don't think she was even 18.  Now they have been married for decades?????

But he is a great director.  His movies are some of the finest ever created. 
    I do think he probably belongs in JAIL.  I do think he has so many friends that no one would believe this of him or they just choose to look the other way. 

I do think he was handed the same situation as Michael Jackson.  Meaning MJ was protected by those who had an investment in protecting him and that turned out to be a lot of high rollers who could protect him.  Both guilty, but not proven to be so.   At least not in a court of law.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at October 16, 2017 3:48 AM MDT
      July 28, 2017 9:04 AM MDT

I always enjoy your succinct answers.  ;-)
      July 28, 2017 9:09 AM MDT

Hey, wait.  I'm not done.  

Woody Allen says his 23-year relationship with Soon-Yi Previn worked because of their previous parent-child relationship.

“I’m 35 years older, and somehow, through no fault of mine or hers, the dynamic worked,” the 79-year-old director told NPR in an interview published Wednesday. “I was paternal. She responded to someone who was paternal.”

“She deferred to me, and I was happy to give her an enormous amount of decision-making just as a gift and let her take charge of so many things,” he continued. “She flourished. It was just a good luck thing.”

But the couple holds contradictory views on why their relationship worked. Previn, 44, told Time in 1992, “To think that Woody was in any way a father or stepfather to me is laughable.”

The two began their relationship in the late ’80s when Allen was dating Mia Farrow, with whom he adopted several children. Previn is Farrow’s adopted daughter from her failed marriage to composer André Previn.

“I started the relationship with her and I thought it would just be a fling. It wouldn’t be serious, but it had a life of its own. And I never thought it would be anything more. Then we started going together, then we started living together, and we were enjoying it. And the age difference didn’t seem to matter. It seemed to work in our favor actually,” Allen said of their romance.
    Modal Trigger
    Allen, Previn and their children walk down Fifth Avenue during the Easter parade on April 20, 2003.Getty Images

Allen and Previn married in 1997 and have two adopted children together.

“She enjoyed being introduced to many, many things that I knew from experience, and I enjoyed showing her those things. She took them, and outstripped me in certain areas that I showed her,” he continued. “That’s why I’m a big believer in luck. I feel that you can’t orchestrate those things. Two people come along and they have a trillion exquisite needs and neuroses and nuances and they have to mesh, and if one of them doesn’t mesh, it causes a lot of trouble. It’s like the trace vitamin not being in your body. It’s a tiny little thing, but if you don’t have it you die.”

Acknowledging that it’s often said that relationships require “work,” Allen candidly disagreed with the idea.

“If you feel that you have to work at it — a constant business of looking the other way, sweeping stuff under the rug, compromising — it’s not working.”
      July 28, 2017 9:22 AM MDT

July 28, 2017 9:28 AM MDT

I am not a fan. Whiny is not my cuppa tea and he is always whiny. BUT did you ever see  THE FRONT? I think that is his best movie. It was about the blacklisting days in America. Thank you for your reply shar! :)
      October 16, 2017 3:49 AM MDT

someone on tv
      July 28, 2017 3:45 PM MDT

• I have seen DVDs of some of his movies that some friends possess. I know nothing about his personal life. I am not an American, so I do not know as much about him as some people evidently know. He was rather funny is some of his oldest movies, e.g. "What's New, Pussycat?", but I think he went out of his depth when he tried to be more serious with "Annie Hall". I did not like it at all. 
      August 3, 2017 8:33 AM MDT

I'm not a fan of whiny and  Woody Allen is the epitome of whiny but the one movie he made I liked a lot was THE FRONT. It was about the blacklisting days in America. A very dark period of our history. It was not a comedy. His humor escapes me. But I'm also not a fan of Monty Python and that group is well loved so different strokes! Thank you for your reply BA and Happy Monday! :)
      October 16, 2017 3:51 AM MDT

I think he's a very talented filmmaker....and while I dislike his comedy.......ugh......his dramatic films are INCREDIBLE.

"Crimes & Misdemeanors'....what a masterpiece.

same with "Interiors' with a DREAM cast with Geraldine Page and Maureen Stapleton.....BOTH incredible actors......Maureen played the part of the 'other woman' with such aplomb and class.......and Page?  WOW a knockout in anything, also see her in "Strange Bird of Youth'......WOW!!!

got to see  her onstage when she toured with "The Little Foxes' and met her after for an autograph......such a sweet lady!!

I had a stack of 3x5 cards, so she'd have something to write on......she saw the stack and said, 'all of these?".....thinking I'd want her to sign them all,........OMG......so I told her no, just for her to write on...

I've met autograph dealers at conventions who said she'd sign anything,anywhere,,,,,,so had I said 'yes' she no doubt would have signed them all.......such a dear lady!!!

and as usual I've gone on too long, so will close for now!!!!

LOL

:-D

October 15, 2017 12:47 PM MDT

Thank you for a very lively and informative reply to my question. Did you perchance ever see the movie THE FRONT? The only Woody Allen film I liked. It wasn't a comedy. It was about the McCarthy blacklisting era in America, one of our darkest hours. Happy Monday ben! :)
      October 16, 2017 3:54 AM MDT

You know, I do remember seeing it when it first came out, but it did nothing for me....now, older & wiser that I am (!!!, LOL) I will get it from Netflix and give it another try........
      October 16, 2017 7:24 AM MDT

Pervert.
      October 16, 2017 8:15 AM MDT