Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Christians...you have obviously found Jesus. Has he found you?

Christians...you have obviously found Jesus. Has he found you?

Posted - August 5, 2017

Responses

He never lost me. Brothers are like that.
      August 5, 2017 7:18 PM MDT

This question was for you, of course. And I wasn't being a smart-ass. Just curious what others might say.
      August 5, 2017 7:26 PM MDT

??? He never had to even look.

August 5, 2017 8:46 PM MDT

He has.  What a blessing!
      August 6, 2017 7:46 PM MDT

He knows where to find me if he want's me.
      August 7, 2017 11:26 AM MDT

• I didn't have to find Jesus because He was never lost. He's right where He's always been, in heaven, at the right hand of His Father. Also, being at the right hand of His Father He has always known where I was so there was no need for Jesus to find me. It's not a matter of Jesus finding a person or a person finding Jesus, it's a matter of believing, by faith, in the name of Jesus. Believing by faith that Jesus is who He claims to be and will do what He claims He will. Jesus said........

John 14:5-6  "Thomas said to him, Lord, we know not where you go; and how can we know the way? 6.Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by me."

Acts 16:25-34  "And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises to God: and the prisoners heard them. 26. And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doors were opened, and every one's bands were loosed. 27. And the keeper of the prison awaking out of his sleep, and seeing the prison doors open, he drew out his sword, and would have killed himself, supposing that the prisoners had been fled. 28. But Paul cried with a loud voice, saying, Do yourself no harm: for we are all here. 29 Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas, 30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? 31. And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you shall be saved, and your house. 32. And they spoke to him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house. 33. And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway. 34. And when he had brought them into his house, he set meat before them, and rejoiced, believing in God with all his house."

August 7, 2017 10:00 PM MDT

This was an interesting expression of the way of it with Jesus.  It is not exactly the same view or lens I look out of, but I liked this interpretation very much. 
      August 10, 2017 12:08 PM MDT

Christians...you have obviously found Jesus. Has he found you?

===============================================

1- Christians have obviously found Jesus and have been doing so since the beginning of his mission.

2- However, they’ve all been finding a different Jesus, and are continuing to do so to this day. Even more so these days, one could argue, because gone are the times when having a different Jesus to the officially declared one could cost you your life.

3- Matthew 21:11 has recorded for us that it was not just the odd person or two, but "the MULTITUDE said, This is Jesus the PROPHET of Nazareth of Galilee".

4- If the multitude were just a lay people not blessed with a deeper understanding then according to Acts 2:22 no less a person than Peter himself, declared that Jesus "[a] WAS A MAN APPROVED OF GOD among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which [c] GOD DID by him"

5- The JWs will show you from the Bible how they work out that Jesus was the archangel Michael.

6- Whereas the common Christian understanding is that Jehovah is the Father and Jesus His son, I think the Mormons see Jesus as Jehovah.

7- The actual variation in the Jesus people have found is far wider than that presented here, with some having believed that he existed only in spiritual form and not in the corrupted material or physical one.

8- So, what if someone carried out an independent neutral reading of the Gospels, what sort of Jesus would we find? We’d find a Jesus who never knew of, let alone taught, Christianity. We’d find that he was a Jew, circumcised in accordance with God’s everlasting covenant with Abraham and that he preached in synagogues from the Jewish scriptures. He declared the heavenly Father to be the only true God, worshiped and prayed to this God and told his followers to do the same. He observed the Mosaic laws and warned his followers against breaking even the least of the laws. He never taught of the original sin, or babies being born in sin, or that sin entered the world through Adam and would leave through him, or that God had sent him on a mission to die for the sins of mankind. We’d find a very different Jesus to the one worshiped in the vast majority of the Christian world.

9- So who has found the real Jesus?

This post was edited by CLURT at August 9, 2017 2:23 PM MDT
      August 9, 2017 8:23 AM MDT

Catholics
      August 9, 2017 10:27 AM MDT

"Catholics" according to the .......... Catholics Ha Ha Ha
      August 9, 2017 2:26 PM MDT

Just oneof the truths you don't accept yet---and perhaps you never will.  One's judgement is only as good as one's information---which explains most of your opinions---you apparently have much yet to learn. This post was edited by tom jackson at August 9, 2017 2:59 PM MDT
      August 9, 2017 2:58 PM MDT

"One's judgement is only as good as one's information" -------------- so present your information, if you have any, and let us judge.
      August 9, 2017 4:47 PM MDT

I actually think that Muslims, who don't trust much of the Bible, no more of it and believe more of it that Catholics.
      August 15, 2017 5:52 PM MDT

John 14:6
      August 9, 2017 6:45 PM MDT

TY for the reference SBF.

1- John 14:6 follows the question by Thomas about the way to the Father

2- Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." That's obvious. Who would Thomas and the others turn to for the truth, the life and the way to the Father except Jesus.

3- Jesus did not say he was the way to the Father for those who came before him. That would be silly.

4- What about after him? He said after he goes the spirit of truth will come and he will guide people to the the Father.
      August 10, 2017 11:39 AM MDT
  • D&D

I looked under the table and in the restroom but could never find Jesus,
      August 10, 2017 12:01 PM MDT

Stop looking outside and go within.  Embrace the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, 2000's and now.  Wake up already.  He is within.

August 10, 2017 12:05 PM MDT