Active Now

Malizz
my2cents
Danilo_G
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » If you believe in reincarnation, can a human be reincarnated in a non-human form?

If you believe in reincarnation, can a human be reincarnated in a non-human form?

Posted - August 9, 2017

Responses

Yes. There's also a possibility that one's first carnation can be non-human. Subsequent carnations can be human or non-human. 
    ~
      August 9, 2017 5:50 AM MDT

Logic would say that as we are made from basic elements/chemicals, when we die the planet will simply recycle the basic elements/chemicals. We will become part of something else or in fact perhaps a part of many things, these could be animate or inanimate.
      August 9, 2017 7:13 AM MDT

that then leaves the door wide open for resurrection
      August 11, 2017 1:35 PM MDT

Within 3 days?
      August 11, 2017 5:40 PM MDT

"Within 3 days?" ------- oh that one. It was Paul, not Jesus, who in 2 Timothy 2:8 said, “Remember that Jesus Christ, of the seed of David, was raised from the dead ACCORDING TO MY GOSPEL” and he made the belief stick with his warning to the hesitant in 1 Corinthians.15:17 that "if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins".

As for the man himself he promised in Matthew 12:40 that AS Jonah DID NOT DIE but was miraculously ALIVE despite there being eye witnesses able to sincerely testify that he was dead SO would he NOT DIE but be miraculously ALIVE despite there being eye witnesses able to sincerely testify that he was dead.
      August 11, 2017 6:04 PM MDT

not that i know of
      August 9, 2017 3:18 PM MDT

If you believe in reincarnation, can a human be reincarnated in a non-human form?

1- I'm thinking out loud here so I might lapse into absences of joined up thinking. If you see any flaw please feel free to point it out.

2- If Dave is reincarnated as a beetle, say, what would make the Dave beetle different from all the other beetles of the same species around him? If there is no distinction whatsoever and there is no indication whatsoever that the Dave beetle is aware of it being a Dave beetle or feels something is different about him, then where is the reincarnation?

3- On the face of it one might think that a human to non-human reincarnation must be fraught with more problems but it appears, on analysis [albeit at a layman level], that actually it's the idea of a human to human reincarnation that is fraught with more problems. First we have the same problems as we did with the idea of reincarnation into a beetle. Now on top of that if Dave came back as Jim how do we know where Dave ends and Jim begins?

4- I have similar problems with Jesus being God became flesh, or Jesus being a begotten son of God, or Jesus being the archangel Michael. Life is complex enough as it is, so I just let Jesus be Jesus, period. That's that problem solved, for me.

August 11, 2017 2:33 PM MDT

Ive seen some dogs that look alot like their masters.

This post was edited by carbonproduct at August 11, 2017 2:39 PM MDT
      August 11, 2017 2:36 PM MDT