Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » How many people think of themselves as God's own much-needed publicity agent? Last time I looked, God doesn't need this.

How many people think of themselves as God's own much-needed publicity agent? Last time I looked, God doesn't need this.

Posted - August 10, 2017

Responses

not sure, i dont
      August 10, 2017 1:53 PM MDT

I just wanted an excuse to post this picture.  I like it a lot. 
      August 10, 2017 2:19 PM MDT

God needs nothing
    But I think He wants people to come home and find Him
    within their Self...
    So you think Jesus was Gods publicity agent?
    .....by your question...just wondering....:)

This post was edited by Baba at October 3, 2017 2:00 AM MDT
      August 10, 2017 8:35 PM MDT

Oh no.  I think Jesus was just knowing He was God.   He learned and wanted to reveal that  we all are God; and He tried to spread that message.  I know I am splitting hairs here, but His message was more one of sharing the joy and knowledge of Christ consciousness.  The publicity agent I was speaking of dealt more along the lines of going door- to- door and ringing bells to announce what we think we know about Jesus in order to SAVE the world.

He don't really need dat. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at August 10, 2017 8:41 PM MDT
      August 10, 2017 8:38 PM MDT

How many people think of themselves as God's own much-needed publicity agent? Last time I looked, God doesn't need this.

=============================================================

I'll buy "God doesn't need this" because if God is self sufficient then He doesn't need anything.

If God is the creator of mankind then it's reasonable to say that He loves mankind.

If God loves mankind it is reasonable to say that He would want to guide all of them

If god wanted to guide the whole of mankind then it's reasonable to say He would not have waited for Mohammed, or Jesus or Moses to be born. He would have sent guides to all human beings wherever and whenever they existed.

These guides conveyed God's message to the people they were sent to. So Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus and Mohammed were just a tiny number among the guides [or publicity agents] that God sent.

When a person talks to others about Moses, Jesus or Mohammed, for example, he's only talking about his understanding of what that God's agent taught.
      August 12, 2017 1:09 PM MDT

Why?how does that help your life?

Ya like it?
    https://answermug.com/forums/topic/37038/can-all-of-the-recent-white-supremacist-post-in-the-religion-sec
      August 18, 2017 5:31 PM MDT

The question was not about how anything helps your life. It was about whether God needs people to be His publicity agents.
      August 18, 2017 6:21 PM MDT

Duh, did you see how she answered my question? 
      August 18, 2017 6:36 PM MDT

!!
      August 19, 2017 12:43 PM MDT

!! to you to, whatever that means. lol
      August 20, 2017 7:21 AM MDT