Active Now

Danilo_G
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » Do you ever get annoyed with Subway or do you love it? Why?

Do you ever get annoyed with Subway or do you love it? Why?

I never really understood the concept of Subway.
Every other fast food restaurant I go to has their menu options displayed above the counter and I just select the meal I would like and they make it, I eat it, end of story.
At Subway I see pictures of food on the wall and I go up to the counter and point to the sub, salad or whatever I see and say "I'll have that one please?"
The worker just looks at me with a blank stare as if they've never heard of it before.
He has a bun or a salad bowl in his hand and says "Tell me what you want?"
I point to the picture and say "Make that please, you know just like the picture?"
He just says "Tell me what you want on it?"
I say "How you made it in the picture looks good, just do that please?"
He repeats "What do you want?" Then he just starts putting a bunch of stuff in the salad bowl and it looks nothing like the picture and tastes terrible, LoL.
I always felt like if I knew how to make a good sub I would go home and make it.
Why would I go to out to eat and just design some half assed sub on the fly?
I feel like I have to do research before I can order food at Subway.
My ex wife used to always order it for me anytime we would eat there and whatever she selected was wonderful.
Now I go to Subway and I'm screwed!!!!

Posted - August 11, 2017

Responses

• What satisfaction do you derive from jerking around the counter help like this?  The question, "What do you want on it?" is very basic and straight forward.  Why not just answer it and make this sundry exchange easier for both of you?  Are you confused by meat, cheese and vegetable choices? Are these common foods unfamiliar?  I worked at Subway for a few years and encountered coprophages like this.  I prayed to 100 gods for them to choke on their sandwich till blue. 

And there is no know how to making a sub.  Find a bread you like. Find things you like to stuff it with and then eat it.  
      August 11, 2017 9:09 AM MDT

• Just make it like it it is in the picture like every other sucessful franchise does that's all Subway has to train it's employees to do or at least be helpful to people who don't make subs and are nice enough to pay you.
    Wanting your customers to choke is exactly why I think the attitude at that place sucks.
    They should be more helpful in my opinion.

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at August 11, 2017 9:44 AM MDT
      August 11, 2017 9:17 AM MDT

• The pictures are an aid for the illiterate, which you are obviously not.  An reasonable, intelligent adult should not require assistance in deciding what he wants on a sub.  It is a very basic, sundry undertaking.  Why does one need his hand held to get through it?   The "hoping for choking" attitude is precipitated by customers who come in with the intention of jerking around the counter help.   If one cannot decide what he wants on a sub, that person should not be on his own in public.  If he is overwhelmed by a sandwich how will he mange something like crossing the street? And if one is so socially maladapted he derives satisfaction from being the difficult customer the person needs to engage in some self critic or therapy. 
      August 11, 2017 7:46 PM MDT

• I disagree.
      August 11, 2017 7:59 PM MDT

• So you find ordering a sub difficult?  You cannot simply tell the counter person what you'd like so both of you can move along with your day? 
      August 11, 2017 8:25 PM MDT

• I don't know what I'd like.
    I don't like how that place works and I would never "jerk" anyone around intentionally.
    Subway is just not my favorite place, but my son likes to go there sometimes so I am looking for sub ideas and ingredients from Answermug members to make going to Subway easier for me.
    Do you have a favorite sub?
    Can you share how I can order it quickly?
    Thanks.
      August 11, 2017 8:34 PM MDT

• With no intention of being condescending, it is bewildering to me an adult cannot know what he likes.  If you are old enough to be a parent you have been eating for what, 30 years or more?  Certainly you have found cheeses, meats and veggies you enjoy.  I have not been in a Subway for near 20 years and have not eaten meat other than seafood for about 37 years.  Other than sushi I exceedingly rarely eat out.  My ordering advice is simply tell the "sandwich artist", "I'd like roast beef, swiss some lettuce and onion."  He'll slap these together in some bread then you and your son can have lunch then go to a movie or arcade together.
      August 11, 2017 9:09 PM MDT

You must have a complete nervous breakdown at a buffet.

August 11, 2017 9:30 AM MDT

• Actually no.
    The items at the buffet that I go to are already made.
    I just grab a plate, dish up and eat.
    I love buffets.
    Now if the buffet was nothing but ingredients to food and I had to stand there and make it myself then I probably would have a breakdown, LoL!
      August 11, 2017 9:51 AM MDT

This turned out to be a thought provoking question. Hope you realize I'm just teasing you but it is interesting how things that bother one person others find silly or don't give a second thought. And I'm sure we've all been on both sides of that fence at one time or another.
      August 11, 2017 10:01 AM MDT

Make your decisions in the comfort and privacy of your own home before you get your sandwich:

https://www.subway.com/en-us/menunutrition/menu/breadsandtoppings

https://www.subway.com/en-us/menunutrition/menu/all
      August 11, 2017 9:39 AM MDT

• Great, I'll practice making these subs at home so I know exactly what I like and then I'll eat them.
    Subway doesn't need my money I'll just give it to the grocery store they have more ingredients there anyway.
    Thanks Subway. : )
      August 11, 2017 10:03 AM MDT

I don't have a problem with Subway. I just wish they would stack the meat on higher.
      August 11, 2017 8:36 PM MDT