Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Whats the longest you've gone without sleep?

Whats the longest you've gone without sleep?

Posted - August 11, 2017

Responses

• I used to work 14 hour days at a plant when I was 18 and after work I went drinking with my buddies all night and went back to work the next morning and worked another 14 hours and when I got into the shop my boss had heard what I did and tried to send me out on another job that night.
    I just left.

When I was 27 my wife was ready to give birth in the middle of the night so I had driven her to the hospital and it was a false alarm so I stayed up all night and our doctor was on holidays so I had to drive her to a hospital in another town the next day and when our son was born my wife was recovering from a c section and I was scared to let him roll on his face or anything because I never had a baby, younger sibling or anything before so I was holding him and caring for him and I must've been awake for 3 days total then we took him home and barely slept and at one point my wife was crying from exhaustion and I felt like crying too and she looked me and said "I need you to be strong for me now."
    So we got through it, but that was a long stretch without sleep.
      August 11, 2017 7:26 PM MDT

Wow what a story. Nothing like work or a baby to keep you sleep deprived. I like when you said you kept the baby from rolling over on his face, that sounds like a new father. So sweet. How old is he now? mine is 27 with a son of his own. :)
      August 12, 2017 5:25 AM MDT

• He's 10 now, thanks.
    Yeah, I used to stay up a lot and thought I was invincible, but after a few years of parenting and work and trying to sleep in the same bed as my spouse it caught up with me.
    I developed some kind of sleep disorder from years of sleep deprivation, but I'm finally at a point now where I can sleep through the night again if only I could make myself go to bed. : (
      August 13, 2017 9:05 AM MDT

• "A couple of days, I guess.  Not a big deal."
      August 11, 2017 7:35 PM MDT

A couple of days is still enough to make you go a little bonkers. I know i had insomnia for a whole year i went crazy. ANd no, thats not my excuse. ;+
      August 12, 2017 5:26 AM MDT

3 days when i was traveling and it was too noisy to sleep
      August 14, 2017 5:00 PM MDT