Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Names » I've heard about white trash before but I have never heard about black, brown or polka dot. Does it just come in one color? Why?

I've heard about white trash before but I have never heard about black, brown or polka dot. Does it just come in one color? Why?

Posted - August 14, 2017

Responses

White trash is a term that harks back to the days of slavery. Slaves were valuable property, so the rich guys hired poor whites (cheaply) to do the dangerous stuff they didn't want to risk their slaves on. The term stuck, it's the underclass that are considered by the rich to be lower than blacks - and tend to form the cadre for KKK and similar, as that is the only way they feel superior to anybody.
      August 14, 2017 8:24 AM MDT

Kkk was formed by Democrats. 
      August 14, 2017 8:28 AM MDT

Did I mention politics? 
    The Democrats generally are poorer than Republicans, historically MUCH poorer - thus in the south formed racist secret societies (the KKK wasn't the only one, just the biggest) in order to feel superior to somebody. These days they're as likely to vote Republican, as they see the Democratic Party as being as much a tool of the Establishment as the GOP - and were duped in droves by His Royal Orangeness.
      August 14, 2017 8:37 AM MDT

Being poor doesn't mean you are racist. 
      August 14, 2017 8:45 AM MDT

Of course not, but certain downtrodden people will join a society of that kind in order to feel better than somebody else - and then they get indoctrinated. It's how the Nazis got started in Germany, the majority of German people aren't monsters. Hitler's SA brownshirts were recruited from Germany's underclass, mostly working folks made unemployed by the Great Depression and starving due to the hyperinflation of the Mark.
      August 14, 2017 8:54 AM MDT

No.  KKK was formed by haters.  That is like saying Muslims are terrorists.  No Democrat worth the name can affiliate with the KKK no matter what they tried to masquerade as.

Now the parties are switched. The Republicans are KKK and the Democrats are appalled.
      August 14, 2017 9:02 AM MDT

I am Republican....I am not racist.  I have many poor people in my family (they have been called "white trash"...they are not racist)
    I have worked with some racists and the were Dems. One said he would quite before he worked under that (Mexican.....) and Barrack Obama was not the right color to be his President.  He was voting for Hillary. I told him I thought George would be fine to work for and I would not be voting Obama  because of policy not color. I would be voting Huckabee.  And ended the conversation there. 
    There are more examples but of the few racists I have met they were all Democrats. 
      August 14, 2017 9:15 AM MDT

See what I mean Sbf? Look at your answer! I didn't know anything about it all. Never heard of it or learned about it or looked it up. Yet you, an Aussie, are being kind enough to educate me about something that I obviously or clearly should have known. I didn't but I do now.  I only ever heard it in movies actually said about down-on-their-luck folks who could only afford to live in trailer parks! Thank you once again for providing a thoughtful and information-filled reply. I appreciate it. I am more knowledgeable because of it! ((hugs)) This post was edited by RosieG at August 15, 2017 6:48 AM MDT
      August 15, 2017 6:47 AM MDT

Trashy people come in all colors. 
      August 14, 2017 8:29 AM MDT

Exactly.  Stop with the Democrat nonsense.  Those were no Democrats as we see them today. 
      August 14, 2017 9:03 AM MDT

I only brought up the Dems because it was claimed  poor whites created thr KKK. I come from a poor white family and we aint racist.  And it is a fact Dems in South created the KKK. 
    You can claim they flipped....but I see no evidence of that. I do see evidence that  racism is going away all around. 
    I agree with  perhaps sayin they were no Dem (regardless of who they voted for) but don't then turn around and say Republican =KKK. Cause thay is not true either.

August 14, 2017 10:43 AM MDT

Oh, so you never heard of the term NI**er?

Or Spick or Wop or Kike or Mic or ?

I'd rather be known as white trash,  but that's exactly what those words mean. TRASH.  Of that particular color.
      August 14, 2017 9:01 AM MDT

Word.
      August 14, 2017 9:20 AM MDT

not sure why but they shouldnt be calling people names at all
      August 14, 2017 10:22 AM MDT