Active Now

Slartibartfast
Danilo_G
Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Babies and Kids » How can you tell when your child has been on your phone?

How can you tell when your child has been on your phone?

For me, the big tip-off was when Siri started addressing me as "doody head."

Posted - August 14, 2017

Responses

When my facebook feed has me "confessing" that I'm gay.
      August 14, 2017 9:53 PM MDT

Oh no! :o Do your friends and family have a sense of humor or do they think more is going on?
      August 14, 2017 10:19 PM MDT

It's all good, I posted this:
      August 14, 2017 10:39 PM MDT

So then your real name isn't doody head? Sorry I've been calling you that all this time.   

August 14, 2017 10:02 PM MDT

Apparently it's a fair mistake, so you're in the clear.
    This post was edited by Just Asking at August 15, 2017 9:53 AM MDT
      August 14, 2017 10:28 PM MDT

• Back when I got an itemized bill, my VERY young son called China for two minutes.  
    Now I have unlimited calling, so I don't get anything about an amount.
      August 14, 2017 10:42 PM MDT

It goes to show.... China and your youngest son are smarter than aliens.  Why is it we give you aliens so much credit?  You guys are always crashing into our planet.  We must be in the planet path of UFO driving school!  Winks and smiles!  Good Morning ALF :) This post was edited by Merlin at August 15, 2017 8:55 AM MDT
      August 15, 2017 8:49 AM MDT

• Not every one has enough talent to turn an unfortunate accident into a successful television career, but let us not dwell on alien intelligence ...
    Good Morning to you Merlin, my most learned friend. :)
      August 15, 2017 9:05 AM MDT

I do believe you've adapted to the human form quite well.  Your driving and camping skills are impeccable so I've been told.  Ever since that post, I look at all that are driving motorcycles and wonder if you traveled down here.  I'm going to be flying over you on Friday.  Just in case you miss me next week, I'm not taking my computer but I will miss you and hope you keep everyone laughing while I'm away. Hugs! This post was edited by Merlin at August 15, 2017 9:25 AM MDT
      August 15, 2017 9:11 AM MDT

• I have not yet deduced where you spend your time, but I know it is relatively close.
    There is a good chance I've been in your area.  Bon voyage!!
      August 15, 2017 9:31 AM MDT

My child cannot live without her phone, unlike me.  It would be more likely that I would use her phone than her ever needing mine.

She's the phone freak, not I.

August 14, 2017 11:02 PM MDT

• My son doesn't have a phone yet, but he has an iPad at his mother's house.
    If he were on my phone it would be full of Minecraft videos, music from Geometry Dash, emojis all over the place and the screen would have modelling clay, silly puddy and paydough smeared all over it like my table. : )
      August 14, 2017 11:15 PM MDT

Good Morning Truthseeker.  I don't have any 2-legged children, only the birds who are my friends.  But, if I did have children, they wouldn't have an iphone or a phone until they were responsible enough to pay the bill for it. Don and I can barely pay the $300 for ours, let alone buy and have one for a kid :)
    I must ask, however, on a totally different subject,
    Is that a cat with a voodoo doll in your picture?  I've been trying to figure it out since you posted it !  Big smiles :D  Love, Merlin
      August 15, 2017 8:52 AM MDT

• I agree about kids not really needing phones yet though there is some cool apps for kids to play with because my niece brings her phone and they play on it.
    Us adults are addicted enough to phones.
    Kids need to have a chance to experience childhood and I just feel like going outside or making things, playing with toys or pets or friends is what he needs now.
    He has the rest of his life to hang out online if he chooses, but I don't want that to be all that he knows.
    Oh, about that picture it's just a cat sitting on a recliner eating junk food and watching tv like I do sometimes.
    With my beard I kinda think I look a little like a cat or a tiger like I would tell my son when he would touch my face when he was little.
    "I'm turning into a tiger" I'd tell him so a cat is my profile pic for now, thanks. : )

August 15, 2017 2:40 PM MDT

I don't even remember why I handed my phone off to my kids the day I did. We were probably watching music videos or something together and I left the room. Whatever the case, I had long since forgotten they'd used it when we were driving the other day. I was trying to figure out dinner and my daughter was being a diva and refused to look up a menu for a place she didn't want to eat at. So, I used Siri to pull up the menu and Siri's response was, "Here's what I found for you, Doody Head." Laughter erupted from the back seat. I changed the name to "The World's Most Awesome Mom" and fumbled with the menu for a minute. My daughter eventually took "pity" on me and agreed to look up the menu. As soon as I handed her the phone again, she changed it back to "Doody Head." -_-

Her dad gave her an iPod before he moved out as a way to keep in touch- a decision he probably grew to regret when she started using FaceTime to phone him at 5am. lol 
      August 15, 2017 9:46 AM MDT

• LoL!
    She's hilarious. : )
    Sounds like you have your hands full, but they make your life wonderful too.
    My son and I joke around all the time while driving making up new tongue twisters and talking in Australian accents and just making up all kinds of crazy stuff to make ourselves laugh.
    We connect a lot with our sense of humour and I'm thankful to have that with him.

My son texts me from his iPad too, but she doesn't let him very often???
    She told him "Your dad is texting you to see how often you're using the ipad."
    What??
    He always texts me first and we just send emojis back and forth, talk about his dog and say "Goodnight, I love you son."
    Whatever?
    Anyway, I like your question and the "Doody Head" story, that's funny. : )

August 15, 2017 2:57 PM MDT