Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Ever spoke about someone not knowing that they were standing right behind you the whole time? :(

Ever spoke about someone not knowing that they were standing right behind you the whole time? :(

I was talking about a potential client saying i think they have enough money, I have no idea what other rubbish i spoke about them and then i realized that the voice speaking right behind me was actually that of the person i was talking about. I just ran out of that place. to scared to even look back. I am currently working with that person on a different and we met up to talk about a new project. But i have not heard back from them for almost 2 weeks now and now i am sure that he must have heard me which is why he has not called me back. I feel terrible and cant shake this feeling off ;( :( :( I feel depressed that i must have lost a good client because i could not control my loose mouth :/

Posted - August 15, 2017

Responses

Sort of.

I was on a bus trip in high school -- loudly, I kept criticizing another fellow student who was nice but he never knew when to stop talking. "He just talks and talks and talks."
    All the while, behind me, easily within earshot, sat this student's parents. I didn't know they were chaperones for the trip.
      August 15, 2017 6:44 PM MDT

August 15, 2017 6:58 PM MDT

Exactly!!
    :)
    The timing and dropping of the OMG in front of the puppy - - yup, that was me!
      August 15, 2017 8:08 PM MDT

how did you feel once you realized who they were? ashamed? embarassed?
      August 15, 2017 7:23 PM MDT

Both - - ashamed and embarrassed.  (My other friends on the bus were desperately trying to get me to shut up because they knew his parents were behind me but I failed to pick up on their signals.) At the time, I let it all drop.
    Years later, I worked a job under the guy's father -- he never brought it up. To my credit, I think, both parents knew that I did like their son and that we were friends.
    I think what is funny is that there I was  - - doing exactly what I was criticizing my friend for doing - -- never knowing when to stop talking.   " A- hem . . . I think it was I who didn't know when to stop talking."

But hang in there in your situation!
      August 15, 2017 8:07 PM MDT

I'm way too paranoid to do something like that.
      August 15, 2017 7:00 PM MDT

that is actually a good thing!
      August 15, 2017 7:24 PM MDT

No.  I'm one day old so that has not ever happened yet.

August 15, 2017 11:20 PM MDT