Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Finance » When was the last time you spent money on anything just because you saw or heard it advertised in a commercial?

When was the last time you spent money on anything just because you saw or heard it advertised in a commercial?

This refers to any product or service that you were not even thinking about or planning to buy had it not been for the commercial. 
~

Posted - August 16, 2017

Responses

August 16, 2017 6:48 AM MDT

Groovebook...upload 100 pictures  a month and they print then out and mail them to you. Under $5.00 a month. It was on Shark Tank. 
      August 16, 2017 6:53 AM MDT

August 16, 2017 7:55 AM MDT

OMG -- my first thought was that he looks hot here in this image (which I assume is photo-shopped for humor). Nice legs and the Chucks are working for him!
    :) This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at August 16, 2017 2:29 PM MDT
      August 16, 2017 8:21 AM MDT

Oh, Welby, Putie has a great bod.  Totally.

He just has a few incontinence problems.  I'm sure Trump has a bigger size than he does, and it is not to put his package on display, but rather to hold the load in his pants that Putin doesn't have to worry about.  It is Trump that is pooping in his drawers these days, and Putin is just along for the ride.

August 16, 2017 8:37 AM MDT

:)

I do agree about Putin's body.
      August 16, 2017 8:46 AM MDT

Pitch Black Mountain Dew (with a Blast of Black Grape)
    I immediately liked it with my first drink.

(I'll attempt to post an image.)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at August 16, 2017 10:52 AM MDT
      August 16, 2017 8:26 AM MDT

You did great.  I'll try it.  I only drink the Dew for the caffeine.  So, this may be more palatable.  
      August 16, 2017 8:38 AM MDT

Thanks, Shar to the Rona.

Oh, and I do think the Pitch Black Mountain Dew tastes best when poured in to a drinking glass made of glass. Somehow it tastes better than drinking it straight out of the can. Maybe that's my imagination, though.

And I don't particularly enjoy the taste of regular Mountain Dew -- to me, this Pitch Black has a taste all its own.
    :) This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at August 16, 2017 10:52 AM MDT
      August 16, 2017 8:49 AM MDT

I don't think it is imagination.  I think that is why they uncork wines and put them in glass to decant.  Not that Mountain Dew is a fine wine.  But it still holds true with any beverage that it will taste a little differently when you handle the contents in different ways. 

So, yes, that would be the way to serve it to friends and company and YOU too.
      August 16, 2017 8:52 AM MDT

Back to the question. I bought one of those click belts. a few weeks ago. Works pretty well.
    Also:

August 16, 2017 11:13 AM MDT

I bought a Snuggie many years ago because it seemed like a good way to wrap up while in the office at home.  It was a big disappointment but I'm among many many people who feel like that.  But we're kind of like a club, ya know.

The only other thing that comes to mind is my sofa.  It was very expensive when I first saw it and I didn't buy it.  My sister called and told me the furniture store had an ad on TV about a sale and that sofa was on sale.  I walked out the door and drove over there and bought it. 
      August 16, 2017 2:34 PM MDT

We have a snuggie. What was it that you didn't like?

~
      August 16, 2017 10:33 PM MDT

It was made of an unbearable material.....synthetic at its worst!  It wouldn't stay closed whether I put it on opening in the front or in the back.  I hated it.  I couldn't even tell you where it is.  
      August 17, 2017 3:03 AM MDT

Lol, now that you mention it, that opening and closing thing drove me crazy too!  Ours is put away because of the hot summer weather, so I haven't used it for a while, but you certainly reminded me of the frustration I had with it. I would sometimes wear a belt with it to keep it closed. Oh no, now I have to wear it to Wal-Mary like that and have a photo of me posted online!  I'll have to move into a trailer, cut my hair with a mixing bowl on my head and have several front teeth removed!  Should I get the tattoo on the left side of my neck or the right side?  I have to go now, I need to put rusted-out refrigerators and Chevys on my front yard. Bye!
    ~
      August 17, 2017 5:51 AM MDT

You're a hoot!  
      August 17, 2017 2:14 PM MDT

• "A couple of years ago." Saw it advertised on another DVD.

August 16, 2017 2:42 PM MDT