Active Now

Danilo_G
Slartibartfast
Malizz
Shuhak
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » AM I allowed to post a KKK bonnet as my avatar? I think I can because my Amendment rights will be violated if you don't let me, right?

AM I allowed to post a KKK bonnet as my avatar? I think I can because my Amendment rights will be violated if you don't let me, right?

REMEMBER THE PRESIDENT SAID THAT THERE ARE A LOT OF GOOD PEOPLE IN THIS RIOT THAT WERE ON THE RIGHT.

Posted - August 16, 2017

Responses

Perhaps he meant  the police?  
      August 16, 2017 10:36 AM MDT

WELL IF YOU LISTENED TO THE SPEECH?  YOU WOULD KNOW WHAT HE SAID. 

Why answer when you have no idea what I am even talking about?  He was not talking about any police.  He specifically mentioned these RIGHT WING KILLERS as having many good people in that crowd. And then says there were many bad people on the opposite side as well as on the right.

This is no person I want to have leading anyone anywhere.

Why can't you see this?  If you were there and some ahole ran over your loved one, maybe then you might get involved.  But it doesn't affect you and you want to be on TRUMP's side because you cannot admit you made a HUGE mistake in your choice.
      August 16, 2017 10:41 AM MDT

I musta saw the wrong news conference. Trump denounced all the racists including Duke.  Do you suppose the radical media was messing with the news videos again?  OOPPPPSS!  I created a new term ------------- "the radical news media". 
      August 17, 2017 1:17 PM MDT

Right.
      August 16, 2017 10:42 AM MDT

I have a beauty.

August 16, 2017 10:52 AM MDT

Me too, but shes already taken.....

August 16, 2017 11:06 AM MDT

Look how proud the groom/brother is.    Inbreeding, it makes great presidential voters.
      August 16, 2017 11:10 AM MDT

My Brother and I are very proud. ;))))

August 16, 2017 11:45 AM MDT

Do you both play the banjo?
      August 17, 2017 2:05 PM MDT

Sure, why not. You're as qualified in that department as anyone else that wears them.
      August 16, 2017 11:51 AM MDT

lol

Well, unfortunately you don't run this place.  I have to make sure it's okay with the head honcho.

August 16, 2017 11:52 AM MDT

You can always use that revered good luck symbol of many southwest native Americans and of the US Army's 45 Infantry Division (before the end of the 1930's). Who could argue with that kind of patriotism?
      August 17, 2017 2:01 PM MDT

:/ I have not had enough coffee for this yet. 

The amendments protect your rights with the government. They don't apply to private establishments.

With that said, I usually leave things like that alone when they're posted as satire. If it was legit hate speech or promoting hate, it would get pulled down. 

In other words, I suspect you'd be in the clear. However, I would urge you not to do it even if it would be left alone. It sets the wrong precedent. Those who don't realize the satire would certainly be offended, and that goes for people who are already here and those who happen by the site and might otherwise sign up. You may unintentionally create a culture of hate with repercussions most of us don't want. 
      August 16, 2017 1:01 PM MDT

I won't because someone will take it the wrong way.

I don't want anyone to think I am on-board with anything like that.    I hate the KKK. 

I won't.   Don't worry. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at August 16, 2017 1:08 PM MDT
      August 16, 2017 1:03 PM MDT

I remember on Ask.com that someone used a picture of Trayvon Martin around the time of that "stand your ground issue" in 2012. (It was the B & W photo you will find if you "Google" his name.)

There is a woman in New York who went to court to confirm her right to walk around topless on the streets of New York City.  (There were pictures of her on the internet news sites at the time.)

Now I have absolutely no problem with naked women being in close proximity to me.  Nor would I consider them to be in poor taste or offensive in anyway---regardless of why they appeared in such a guise.

On the other hand, were you to use the picture in your question as your avatar, it would also not be offensive to me---but it wouldn't be at all distracting to my posts.

Can't (and hope never to be able to) say the same thing about a picture of a naked woman used as an avatar.
      August 17, 2017 2:20 PM MDT