Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Is the current you the one you like best? Mine is currently very depressed and distressed. Yours?

Is the current you the one you like best? Mine is currently very depressed and distressed. Yours?

Posted - August 17, 2017

Responses

Im sorry your depressed an distressed RosieG. I hope you feel better soon.  ;}
      August 17, 2017 10:56 AM MDT

Thanks sweetie. Me too. This me is not my favorite. We are still mourning having had to put our cat Tigger down and every day the political realities and tragedies in America and the world are grim and getting grimmer. Maybe it's my age. I hope it's temporary. I feel weighted down with a very heavy burden.  Thank you for your reply cp. I hope you're doing fine! :)
      August 18, 2017 2:37 AM MDT

The current me is ok I think..some who know me are *surprised* at some of my choices.. particularly the one to pursue my studies and to try to gain a profession/career in a kinda cool field.. they think I will be good at it but they are surprised at some of the things I have given up to concentrate on the studies and a new life.. 

Personally I am pretty happy with the direction I have chosen; it's an adventure and I am excited about it.. I think it's help me grow and become still more at ease in my own skin.. I see all that as a good thing.. 

I have problems for sure... and life's always throwing curve balls at me.. but overall.. yes. I like the me I am at the moment... I am happy to let the old me go.. 

But then again I know why you are depressed... and can understand that :(
      August 17, 2017 11:52 AM MDT

You have a passion for something Addb. I am so happy for you. I know you will do very well whatever you choose to do. Yes. I know you know the why of my current state. It is weighing me down. I will snap out of it. I always do. It's  just taking longer these days. Thank you for your thoughtful and exciting reply! Being happy with one's life's work makes life so much more pleasurable. During my working life there may have been jobs I had where the people I worked with weren't my cuppa tea but I always loved the work I did! :)
      August 18, 2017 2:41 AM MDT