Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Does it bother you when someone doesn't follow the rules, even when you are not personally affected?

Does it bother you when someone doesn't follow the rules, even when you are not personally affected?

Posted - August 17, 2017

Responses

Yes. If someone murders some innocent, I want them to PAY.

August 17, 2017 2:55 PM MDT

I think you took this question a little more seriously than I intended. 
      August 18, 2017 2:59 AM MDT

I hope you don't mind me answering.  Yes, it's a fault of mine.. I am a bit of a follower of rules.. I think it's my Brit heritage.. we are horribly into etiquette; some things just aren't the 'done thing'  and we are a people who wait in line, who follow rules..  SO I do get a bit shocked when people blatantly don't follow rules..  Like people who park in a disabled space when they aren't disabled.. it irks me.. I like people to behave according to the rules.. 

A small story... I totally unintentionally broke the rules in Ikea not long ago.. my daughter wanted a milkshake.. there was a queue-like thing but it wasn't very queue like.. and there were 5 serving stations operating.. so  I just thought that oh.. maybe they haven't realised... or they want to stand in the queue for some reason...  so I was thinking of going to order.. when a man told me off.. said there IS a queue.. I truly hadn't realised.. and couldn't understand why they didn't form 5 separate queues.. which would be way more efficient than one..  SO i was, on the one hand mortified that he thought I was queue jumping, (I wouldn't!) and on the other hand that they weren't following normal rules of a separate queue behind each station..the one long queue had merged into the space where people who had just bought their ikea items so that was why I didn't know it was a queue.. 

I also have a lot of rules for myself.. things I wouldn't do.. a strong moral code..but I can break my own rules if there are exceptional circumstances.. but yes I am a bit of a stickler for rules.
      August 17, 2017 3:18 PM MDT

Guess it depends. People around the world are driving over the speed limit right now and I'm holding up pretty well. But like Sharonna said, when someone gets away with murder, it bothers me a lot.
      August 17, 2017 3:28 PM MDT

If it's safety rules not being followed it bugs me. Cheers!
      August 17, 2017 3:38 PM MDT

Agree!
      August 18, 2017 3:02 AM MDT

Texting while driving drives me nuts, I see it all the time. 

August 17, 2017 4:11 PM MDT

I agree, however, it isn't illegal everywhere.  It's stupid everywhere, but not illegal.
      August 17, 2017 5:50 PM MDT

Distracted driving does affect everyone on the road. I was thinking more of someone in the express lane with one item over the limit. :)
      August 18, 2017 3:01 AM MDT

If not adhering to rules makes for a dangerous situation or one in which others can be damaged it bothers me.  On the other hand, I often take a rule to be a suggestion, myself. 
      August 17, 2017 5:53 PM MDT

I broke a few rules in my classroom...Like not teaching how they wanted me too and what they wanted me too. Harmless.
    I have purposely run a few red lights when their is no traffic. Three times in one day. I don't break safety rules.
      August 17, 2017 5:54 PM MDT

As long as nobody gets hurt no.
      August 17, 2017 5:58 PM MDT

It depends on if I think it's a valuable and sensible rule. There are lots of rules that I think are complete BS and make no sense. 
      August 17, 2017 9:09 PM MDT

• Not really.
      August 17, 2017 10:04 PM MDT

• If I'm not personally affected, then it really isn't a problem, unless it's a major safety rule. 
      August 18, 2017 3:10 AM MDT