Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » A former insider says Trump will resign before he completes his first year.

A former insider says Trump will resign before he completes his first year.

Will Donald fire himself?

Posted - August 17, 2017

Responses

August 17, 2017 8:55 PM MDT

Be nice but his ego is way too big. Only scenario where I see it's possible is if Republicans grow a spine and Mueller deals him a crippling blow regarding Russia, in which case he'll manufacture yet another alternative reality where his leaving somehow makes him the winner.
      August 17, 2017 9:03 PM MDT

Now there is a scenario. I am wondering what it might look like. Don't misunderstand me. I still support many of the things he promised to do but what I do not support are deals with devils. This post was edited by O-uknow at August 17, 2017 9:08 PM MDT
      August 17, 2017 9:06 PM MDT

I'm not a lawyer so I don't know if/how they'd go about indicting him after leaving office. Impeachment still seems like a long-shot with the spineless Republicans in the majority. But he certainly doesn't want to see a jail cell and how badly Mueller can hurt his family may come into play. Appears to be his only Achilles heel. Otherwise the man is a shameless, immoral shell.
      August 17, 2017 9:16 PM MDT

Aye, indeed.
      August 17, 2017 9:21 PM MDT

His promises were lovely but just more BS. It's all the man knows how to do. Comes as easy to him as breathing.
      August 17, 2017 9:18 PM MDT

Methink he rewards those, to a fault, who support him. His leak all this time has been one of those. His promises I value only when there is shared interest because as I say the man is amoral as opposed to immoral but I am open to him being both.
      August 17, 2017 9:36 PM MDT

He rewards those who show him blind obedience. And the minute they don't, he turns on them like a poisonous snake. Look at the way he tried to take down Sessions, who supported his candidacy from jump. And why? Because Sessions had the nerve to obey the law and recuse himself from the Russia investigation. Loyalty with Trump is purely a one way street.
      August 17, 2017 9:59 PM MDT

I hope not.
      August 17, 2017 9:35 PM MDT

I doubt it, however articles of impeachment have already been tabled so I believe it's only a matter of time.,given how many in his Party cordially detest him, that he's impeached.
      August 18, 2017 12:10 AM MDT

Articles of Impeachment have already been "tabled", whatever that means. Really? What are the grounds to support that? (Cordial detestment is not legitimate grounds for impeachment, by the way.) And where is your evidence that has actually happened in the House?  

(Articles of Impeachment are "drawn up" and voted on in the House and, if passed, are handed off to the Senate for prosecution . . . Two US Presidents have been impeached since the current Constitution was adopted, neither successfully.)
      August 18, 2017 12:24 AM MDT

Brad Sherman filed in July, co-sponsored by Al Green. Steve Cohen is set to file seperately. Cordial detestment is not grounds for impeachmrnt, but it may well be enough for House Republicans to vote "yes" on those.
    Or they might not wait for that, Trumps increasingly incoherent rants on Twitter may be considered signs of mental instability, so they might just section-four him. Mentally unable to discharge the duties of his office. They could have done that to Reagan (by 1986 he was showing obvious signs of senility) but his puppet masters stage-managed him well, he was playing a role snd knew it. Trump is not anenable to direction and doesn't understand the limits of what a POTUS can and can't do.
      August 18, 2017 7:04 PM MDT

Ah, those three wingnuts . . . its all to enhance their own political standing, preening for their voters. I doubt that they ever actually bring up those Articles, there's no grounds in what they've come up with.

They're trying to stand on the Russian voting influence bull, something that Obama knew about before Trump even joined the race. Hil-LIAR-y may well be guilty of that but so far there's nothing outside of liberal imaginations to connect it to Mr. Trump. (Notice how that's died down for the time being?)

And the Comey thing . . . the Dems were all in favor of crucifying Comey because he appeared to have scuttled Hil-LIAR-y's bid for the Oval Office (and we owe him deeply for that if he did have that king of influence). But when he lied under oath and Trump fired him for his malfeasance then the Dems hoisted Comey's flag as if he was the second coming of their savior.

But even if those clowns do manage to even introduce those Articles, and if, by some very strange happenstance they're passed by the House there remains the Senate trial. And that requires a 2/3 majority to "carry". We're a VERT long way from actually removing Mr. Trump from the Oval Office. 
      August 19, 2017 12:18 AM MDT