Active Now

Slartibartfast
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Home and Garden » Are you a very stoic placid laid-back adult who no longer gets excited about solar eclipses, double rainbows, shooting stars? Because?

Are you a very stoic placid laid-back adult who no longer gets excited about solar eclipses, double rainbows, shooting stars? Because?

Posted - August 20, 2017

Responses

Yeah, but I've always been that way. I only get excited over storms because, for some reason, I just really like them.
      August 20, 2017 7:16 PM MDT

You mean the ones "Stormchasers" chase that can get deadly? Thunder and lightning that cracks open the sky and is VERY LOUD? Once we had thunder that seemed to be right over our house and it was VERY LOUD and VERY SCARY. I like to see lightning from far away. It is very exciting. But going through a lightning storm as we did once out on the open desert? Boy. Once is enough! Thank you for your reply Patch and Happy Monday! :)
      August 21, 2017 1:36 AM MDT

EXACTLY!!!
      August 20, 2017 7:18 PM MDT

Wouldja help me out here Zack? How does "exactly" answer my "because"? Or it in response to what Patch said? Happy Solar Eclipse Day! :)
      August 21, 2017 1:33 AM MDT

I wouldn't say such things "excite" me because apart from total solar eclipses - and I have had the fortune to experience one - they are not particularly unusual.

Instead I appreciate their beauty and try to think about the science of them.
      September 15, 2017 6:13 PM MDT