Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » Is bigger always better? Does size always matter? Is someone with a bigger brain smarter than someone whose brain is somewhat smaller? Why?

Is bigger always better? Does size always matter? Is someone with a bigger brain smarter than someone whose brain is somewhat smaller? Why?

Posted - August 30, 2017

Responses

My brain is smaller than most because a surgeon was exploring for broken blood vessels when I was 5.  He damaged some of it, but I came back and have lived a normal life. However, I recently took a modern vision exam and the doctor discovered that I am partially blind in the upper right eye. I never knew that and it doesn't bother me. 
      August 30, 2017 7:39 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply bh. That's very curiouis. Do you not wear glasses? Any eye exam an optometrist  would have given you would have certainly discovered the blind portions. They do exhaustive checking on peripheral vision as well as straight ahead up and down. Good to finally find out though. Thank you for your reply!  :)
      August 30, 2017 12:48 PM MDT

Wasn't Einstein's brain relatively small compared to the average brain?
    I think intelligence has more to it than just the size of the brain. I mean, I probably have a small brain because I'm a small person, but I'm smarter than some people who probably have a bigger brain to go with their bigger body. Are you picking up what I'm putting down?
      August 30, 2017 8:59 AM MDT

I have not researched it Patch so I don't know. I believe I am able to keep up with you though I cannot be certain. When we evaluate ourselves there is no check-and-balance system to keep us on the straight-and-narrow path so we tend to overrate ourselves and underrate others. Just my opinion. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday! :)
      August 30, 2017 12:50 PM MDT

August 30, 2017 12:57 PM MDT