Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Danilo_G
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Legal » Do you think smoking marijuana should be a jailable offense? It was. I don't know if it still is. Is it a "crime" in your opinion? Why?

Do you think smoking marijuana should be a jailable offense? It was. I don't know if it still is. Is it a "crime" in your opinion? Why?

Posted - August 31, 2017

Responses

It would be annoying for some people in public because it stinks! It is worse than a room full of cigarettes. My job requires that I be drug-tested. If I were exposed to a bunch of that smoke, I might lose my job! Some of these drug tests are very sensitive. 
      August 31, 2017 6:28 AM MDT

I am not aware of ever smelling it bh. What does it smell like? I think regular cigarette smoke stinks and smokers stink too. How is the stench/stink from smoking marijauna different from the stench/stink of regular cigarettes? Thank you for your reply!  :)
      August 31, 2017 8:40 AM MDT

Marijuana smell has been compared to 'burning rope'.  I have not smelled any burning rope  lately, but I guess hemp is related to marijuana. It is a very strong smell and it is easy for cops to detect it. That's why smokers often burn incense to cover up the smell indoors. 
      August 31, 2017 12:32 PM MDT

It smells like cat urine to me.
      August 31, 2017 11:44 PM MDT

Seriously? EWWWW! So what cat litter smells like at its worst is what marijuana smokers smell like all the time? Oy vey! Yikes.!Do they have nose plugs Patch?  Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday! :)
      September 2, 2017 4:14 AM MDT

Here it is a minor misdemeanor if you only have a few joints and are not driving. The cop will usually just take it tell you to get lost, then will take the weed for himself. Driving: you get an OVI, operating a vehicle incapacitated. Very big deal.
      August 31, 2017 7:42 AM MDT

Ignorant am I about that Ele. What is a 'joint"? One cigarette? Are they the size of a regular cigarette? Thank you for your reply! :)
      August 31, 2017 8:41 AM MDT

No, I never understood why it's considered a crime if people are allowed to drink alcohol. Probably shouldn't be operating a vehicle while doing it though, just like with drinking.
      August 31, 2017 8:35 AM MDT

I totally agree with thee Patch. Though I am not familiar with smoking marijuana. I'm not a smoker of anything. But I am familiar with the effects of alcohol and as long as you know your limit and NEVER DRIVE while under the influence it shouldn't be a crime. Now if you are a drunk driver and kill someone I think you should be jailed for life. No excuse for that. Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday! :)
      August 31, 2017 8:38 AM MDT