Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Finance » If I were wealthy enough I would travel the world dining at all the great restaurants. What would YOU do if you were wealthy enough?

If I were wealthy enough I would travel the world dining at all the great restaurants. What would YOU do if you were wealthy enough?

Posted - September 4, 2017

Responses

• "I would start a museum for all the
     arms, legs and heads that statues
     have lost throughout the centuries."

September 4, 2017 4:54 AM MDT

I'd probably just lounge around playing video games and whatever else I feel like doing.
      September 4, 2017 6:25 AM MDT

You would? What would be the advantage to having all that money Patch? I am hooked on one video game if you can call it that. BESPELLED. It is a Scrabble-like game consisting of words. I love words. The other internet thing I'm hooked on is Answermug of course. I leave when I get weary. But I love cooking and food shopping and eating. I'm not a clothes horse  so attending fashion shows is not my cuppa tea. I'm not really a sports person so traveling round the globe following a favorite athlete or team also doesn't call to me. Although I AM a HUGE Roger Federer fan so it would be nice to watch him play in the majors wherever he is. Otherwise give me food shops I can explore and restaurants at which I can dine and Farmer's Markets at which I can shop worldwide and I shall be living my dream life! Thank you for your reply! :)
      September 4, 2017 8:04 AM MDT

The biggest advantage would be that I can lounge around without worrying about bills and work and whatnot. I guess I'm just lazy and content with relaxing. But since I'm not rich, I don't get to be lazy and enjoy myself for too long.
      September 5, 2017 6:35 AM MDT

Got it. Which brings to mind this. When I was a kid I had a huge sweet tooth. It was so bad my mom had to LOCK UP any candy she had in the house. I'm serious. My dream was to grow up  fast so I could eat all the candy I wanted to eat and no one could stop me! The irony of course is that NOW I have a salty/crunchy tooth and one bite of candy is all I need to satisfy that raging sweet tooth I used to have but I could eat bags of cornchips or potato chips or popcorn. Ironic isn't it? You think you're gonna do something "when" and then when the "when" arrives you are no longer interested in it. Methinks I'm gonn ask that question. Thank you for your reply Patch and Happy Saturday! :)
      September 9, 2017 6:17 AM MDT

I recently discovered that a 'SHREDDED CHICKEN SANDWICH' is an Ohio local specialty. It is made of mostly white meat and has a mixture of extras that give it a 'goopy' consistency. Traditionally, it is served at family reunions and wedding receptions since it is easy to make and serve in a crockpot. You can google recipes under 'shredded chicken sandwiches'. Since this food item is not available around the world, why would I wanna go anywhere else? If I was in Monte Carlo, the finest restaurant would not have a shredded chicken sandwich. Of course, I could bring the ingredients with me, but that's too much work for a rich person.
      September 4, 2017 6:52 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply and thank you for not turning this into another partisan political opportunity. That is so wearisome and tiring bh.  If you only knew you'd stop it.:(
      September 4, 2017 8:05 AM MDT

I might move to the lovely city of Amsterdam,  dine on oyster burgers and spend a lot of time window shopping. 
      September 4, 2017 8:19 AM MDT