Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » Can you name one way the human body was designed "incorrectly," and how you'd improve it if you could?

Can you name one way the human body was designed "incorrectly," and how you'd improve it if you could?

Posted - September 5, 2017

Responses

lol I bet you can guess which adultMug question inspired it too! :p
    Good answer, though.
      September 5, 2017 12:01 PM MDT

• Aww...I guess I can't answer that in this section because I have more ideas for you guys, LoL!

September 5, 2017 12:19 PM MDT

I always figured men for wanting just that little bit of extra flexibility so they could reach a certain body part with their mouth.

Can I say that here?
      September 5, 2017 12:28 PM MDT

• Good call.
    I tried when I was younger and I did reach it a little bit and I felt strange about it, LoL!
    I was also really scared that I would break my neck and have to explain to everyone what I was trying to do.

I think it would be like giving yourself a massage, it just doesn't feel the same. : )
      September 5, 2017 12:43 PM MDT

Lol.... I'm sure they've heard some interesting explanations in the ER about strained backs and necks.

As far as it not feeling the same, that could also be said for masturbation yet it remains more popular than ever.   ;-)
      September 5, 2017 12:54 PM MDT

• Hmm...good point.
    I guess I would have to be really straining myself to do anything worth while regarding my mouth on myself.
    There's other ways of using hands that can pretty accurately simulate the feeling of oral activity.
    Anyway, this is why you should be in the adult section with us, we could discuss this topic in great, disgusting detail, LoL!
      September 5, 2017 1:02 PM MDT

Lol.... well I am a fan of great, disgusting detail.   
      September 5, 2017 1:06 PM MDT

There is the coccyx. The rudimentary tail we have that normally hides under the skin of our lower back. It serves no purpose today, but was once the lowest  vertegrae of our spine, our tail if you will ;)

Sometimes babies are born with the coccyx protruding out through the skin. Then a surgeon cut it off and throw it away. It serves no purpose at this point in our evolutionary history.
    The top bone shown in the picture connects to the rest of our skeleton and our gurrent spinal cored reach into it but not through it. The 3 lover 'lumps' are useless  fused vertebra, there can be as many as five of them.

This post was edited by JakobA the unAmerican. at September 5, 2017 9:57 PM MDT
      September 5, 2017 1:30 PM MDT

Eating... the whole digestive system.. I find it irksome, a waste of time and space and much of it deals with gross stuff that, if we didn't have to eat wouldn't be there either.. 

Why can't we just have a little hatch where we shove a fuel rod? Or even just a tablet... the whole cooking, eating, digesting, and the erm aftermath.. so wasteful 
      September 5, 2017 1:36 PM MDT

Eliminate what causes addiction to anything. 

Improve intuitive thinking to help determine true from false.

A gland or organ to produce a substance that will give relief from extreme pain due to injury or disease. 
      September 5, 2017 2:33 PM MDT

Our breathing reflex.

We do not breathe because we lack oxygen, but because we have generated so a certain amount of vaste CO2.
    So when the air we breath have too little oxygen in it we dont breathe harder we just fall asleep and stop breating at all once all the CO2 have been expelled.
    That is why the stress on never leaving the motor running in the garage. A running motor consumes oxygen and will quickly use all the oxygen there is in a closed garage. This post was edited by JakobA the unAmerican. at September 5, 2017 9:57 PM MDT
      September 5, 2017 2:48 PM MDT

Kidney Stones.
    According to my mother's doctor, she got kidney stones because she wasn't getting enough calcium ... so her body hoarded the calcium by creating kidney stones.  Yet, once she started taking more calcium - the body did not have a way to release the stored calcium from the stones.

I would have also built in "leveling up" like in video games ... and the ability to reset your stats.  LOL This post was edited by Walt O'Reagun at September 5, 2017 9:57 PM MDT
      September 5, 2017 2:53 PM MDT

Snot!  I understand the biological need for snot but when you have a cold it just gets stuck in your throat where you can't do anything about it  and coughing doesn't do anything to get rid of it so you're just miserable.  I would make it so that it just all comes out on the first cough so you're not so miserable when you have a cold.

This post was edited by Livvie at September 6, 2017 2:32 AM MDT
      September 5, 2017 9:18 PM MDT

We're too top-heavy. That's why people fall down too much; if our weight distribution could be centered much lower, we'd have better stability.

Our eyes are too low on our foreheads. That's why we can't pop up and take a quick peek at our opponents; heads get shot off that way.

We're extremely weak in relation to our size. certain insects and animals can easily lift things up to four or five times their own weight, and up to four or five times their size. 

Exoskeleton. 'Nuff sed. 

We'd be much more efficient with four arms instead of two. 

Our teeth aren't designed for ease of care and/or cleaning. If our mouths opened our heads like a hinge, we'd have better access to them for brushing, flossing, dental work, etc. As it stands now, when we say ahhhh at the dentist's office, we can only open up a quarter of the wideness needed. 

The anus should be at the bottom of our heels, and we should urinate from a tiny opening located between the big toes and the index toes. Elongating the bowels and bladder to travel down our legs, coupled with a set of inner muscles for pushing waste out of us might make for slimmer midsections. 

Women should have a second clitoris somewhere on the tongue. It should take a LOT of effort for men to climax, accompanied with multiple and successive ejaculations per session. 

Humans should have a mating season just like many other species do. Off season, neither gender should be fertile, but recreational sex would be the norm during that time. 

We we need wings. 

(Somehow, it seems that ol' Tandy Randy D has thought about this stuff before.)

~

This post was edited by Randy D at September 6, 2017 11:24 PM MDT
      September 5, 2017 10:25 PM MDT

Oh wait; I just re-read the question and you specifically asked for one way. There you go underdoing it again. 
    ~
      September 6, 2017 9:27 PM MDT