Active Now

Randy D
my2cents
Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Weather » Mexico suffered another devastatingly huge earthquake yesterday! Maria/another Cat 5 hurricane,heads for Puerto Rico. What else is coming?

Mexico suffered another devastatingly huge earthquake yesterday! Maria/another Cat 5 hurricane,heads for Puerto Rico. What else is coming?

The world is supposed to end on  Saturday. Are the earthquakes and hurricanes the beginning of the end? How much more can we absorb and still survive? And then you have The Donald John telling the UN that America will totally destroy North Korea.  What if Kim Jong-un pre-empts first? I dunno about you but this may be the worst of times. It certainly isnt the best. Good luck to one and all.

Posted - September 20, 2017

Responses

Rosie, none of this surprises me. Jehovah is a God of prophecy who has never lied. There is still time left to respond to the message being given. Though time is running out, it's still not too late. (Zephaniah 2:2,3)
      September 22, 2017 11:24 PM MDT

There are none so blind as those who will not see. I know you know those words. Same thing with those who refuse to listen. If you are closed off to everything but your own greed you don't see or hear. Not everything negative that occurs is the fault of humans of course. But we surely know better and ought to have done so much better than we have. As a species humankind leaves much to be desired. Of course there are bright lights and positive folks and those who do treat others as they want to be treated. There are those who hold out a helping hand just as there as those who will slap that hand. The difference in human beings from good to evil is staggering to me.  Anyway I'm guessing even though today is supposed to be the end of the world we shall be here tomorrow. Thank you for your thoughtful reply Autumn and Happy  Saturday. Till the end I am always going to ask "why do people hate"?
      September 23, 2017 2:01 AM MDT

Rosie, the only thing you can change is yourself. What exactly do you think it means to listen to the warning being sounded out? Can you imagine Noah and his family not minding the divine instructions they were given because they were surrounded by so much wickedness? When the day of Jehovah's vengeance comes how will you prove you're worthy of his divine approval? (James 2:18-26)
      September 24, 2017 11:15 PM MDT

Hiding behind the Bible won't help anyone. Praying, or repeating bits of ancient tribal myths, won't stop these events.

Earthquakes and hurricanes - which have totally different, totally unconnected causes - have always been features of the Earth's natural, normal workings. They are devastating only in human terms, because humanity has always had a  habit of settling hazardous and inhospitable areas come-what-may, thinking it knows best or simply taking the risk, then wondering "why us"  -and the tragedies are worse now thanks only to countries developing and populating those areas so much more heavily. 

In Biblical times (late Bronze Age to Roman-ruled, Middle-Eastern, tribal-nomad to settled, society) no-one knew understood these natural events so blamed God, but they were probably far less affected. That region does not suffer from hurricanes, though parts of it are tectonically fairly active, but the inhabitants did not live in crowded cities full of high, massive buildings; and what buildings they did erect were much better attuned to regional conditions than many of our modern ones. 
      December 15, 2017 11:28 AM MST