Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Any of you YouTube fans seen some of the Doomsday videos shown there? Apparently there are a few. Do they convince you?

Any of you YouTube fans seen some of the Doomsday videos shown there? Apparently there are a few. Do they convince you?

There is a  David Meade who talks about Planet  X (Nibiru) which is on a collision course with earth. He says it's gonna happen September 23.

There is a Christian website called UNSEALED that agrees with him and even has a Rapture Index Score. Apparently September 23 scores very high

Seems to be limited to a Christian religion thing. Any of you Christians out there prepared to meet your maker on Saturday?  Will you be whisked up or left behind?

Posted - September 22, 2017

Responses

I would be more than happy if they all got whisked away and took all the other religions with them.
      September 22, 2017 7:24 AM MDT

Okey dokey. So they annoy you then? Thank you for your reply mom and Happy Tuesday to you! :)
      September 26, 2017 1:47 AM MDT

What is about these para-Christian types that they love to pretend the world is about to end, and even specify the date?

- Then of course the appointed day passeth and we're all still here...

... which must baffle them...

... So they keep quiet for a bit then announce another date on which we're all going to die.

Cheerful souls aren't they? Perhaps they ought get a life before their predicted day of end of life! Either that or predict far enough ahead to ensure they will be dead anyway, to spare them the embarrassment of being proven a right bunch of nit-wits.
      September 25, 2017 6:17 PM MDT

Apparently Meade's drop-dead date has moved to sometime in October. I have not investigated the details of why. It seems to me it is a desperate attempt to show how religious they are and cognizant of what the Bible says as it relates to end of times. It gives them a "special" connection to  God and the afterlife and I am certain they include themselves among those who will be raptured, not left behind. I guess everyone everywhere wants to stand out and appear to be "in the know". Being in the know about dying seems more than a little creepy to me. I think if they had enough going on in their lives to interest them  they would be living it rather than waiting for to end. Thank you for your reply Durdle! :) This post was edited by RosieG at September 26, 2017 1:51 AM MDT
      September 26, 2017 1:50 AM MDT

It's the anti-Trumpers that are predicting that the world will soon end because of the way he's handling North Korea, Iran, Obamacare and the myth of climate change. 

The end of the world has been "predicted" by soothsayers almost since the day it was formed/created. And sooner or later (much, MUCH later in all probability) they're going to be right about that (it may be 10-billions years from now, but it will happen). But like any other fortune teller (Jeannie Dixon comes to mind) their "misses" are soon forgotten while their "hits" are flogged to death by them, just like any other con artist.

Oh, true Christians don't buy into that hoo-ha of predicting when the world is going to end. It clearly says in the Bible that no one will know the time it will happen. 
      September 25, 2017 6:43 PM MDT

Seen from 3 to 4 000 miles to the East, American politics and religious cults are worlds of their own anyway.

No, I realise true Christians don't fall for the fortune-tellers.
      September 25, 2017 7:09 PM MDT

I dunno Durdle. Some do. :(
      September 26, 2017 1:53 AM MDT

I wonder why they do?

I have not seen the YouTube videos, but have briefly looked at other material clearly prepared with great care to present a colourfully convincing mass of utter twaddle - neither scientifically nor theologically sound.

I find it very sad that people think such home-made efforts are anything but fiction, so believe them. I admit that is their problem, but it worries me that some try very hard to infect others with their spurious fears - and I wonder what are their motives. 
      September 26, 2017 7:31 AM MDT

I think it's brainwashing pure and simple Durdle. Whenever an one or any group tries to manipulate others into thinking as they think I get scared to death. I respect all views PROVIDING they do no harm to anyone including those that hold them. In ancient times people worshipped nature or whatever. That's harmless unless part of your belief system requires that you sacrifice others on bloody altars. I don't want to recruit anyone to think as I do nor do I want to be proselytized. I want to be heard and I will listen as long as it is civil. What could it hurt? But convincing people to think as I do is something in which I have zero interest. I don't care what they think. If it works for them and no one gets hurt by it what business is it of mine? Christians come in all formats. SIGH. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday! :)
      September 27, 2017 5:56 AM MDT

Once in a while I will watch some of these videos. I find them entertaining, that's all. I don't give credence to the claims of false prophets. I knew this was a false cry from the beginning. This post was edited by Autumnleaves at October 11, 2017 5:46 AM MDT
      September 26, 2017 9:03 PM MDT

I can understand watching them out of curiosity. But when you do you are not enveloped in it or part of it nor are you emotionally invested in it. You are simply part of the audience seeking information. Thank you for your reply Autumn. I never YouTube or Facebook or Twitter or anything. I just have no interest in things that billions of people do. I don't like crowds so I find small little niches that suit me. Answermug is one and as you know Answerbag before that!
      September 27, 2017 5:59 AM MDT

Hi Rosie.
    No, I won't use Twitter or Facebook (which is a data-harvesting service anyway) either!

I'd never seen Answerbag.

I do use, and contribute sometimes to, Answers, which is a branch of Wikipedia, but that exists as a source of information by question and answer on all manner of areas of knowledge.
      October 2, 2017 5:34 PM MDT

Gee I go to Wikipedia from time to time. Maybe I've read you there too Durdle! That's nifty to know! I am not drawn to anything to which massive millions flock. Never have been and I guess by now I never will be. I don't get the lure of documenting your life minute by minute with pictures and assuming anyone gives a rat's a**. I do enjoy the internet primarily...maybe dually...for being able to interact with folks all over the world whom I will never meet and researching info. I Google daily and often. It's so neat. I remember way back when in the long ago olden days when you had to go the library to research anything. Dictionaries are great but the information available therein is limited. I know by now you've heard about the Las Vegas massacre. That's America for ya! That's what a gun culture can provide you at any hour of the day or night, anywhere for any reason or no reason at all. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday Durdle.
      October 3, 2017 2:43 AM MDT

Thank you Rosie!

I don't contribute to Wikipedia itself.

Oh yes, that awful massacre has been reported widely here, and no doubt around the world. Each time one of these random mass-murders occurs we ask "Why? What drives these people to commit such an atrocity?" when there is no obvious link to some twisted political or religious idea, but no-one knows because the gun-man has either been shot by the Police or more often, has shot himself. 

An item on the radio news here this evening analysed deaths by shooting in the USA, and did summarise the statistics. They probably surprised many Britons because we hear only of the mass-shootings and other incidents that enter the national news in their own country. This was that far more Americans die by shooting than we hear of, and very many are accidents or suicides, as well as single-victim murders. I can't recall the figures very well but the total number of known, privately-held guns is extraordinarily high.

The UK has very strict gun laws, and though they do not stop the really determined criminals from obtaining guns and ammunition, they do make it far harder for most petty thugs to do so (they usually use knives instead); and make the chances of accidental or suicidal shooting extremely low. Such incidents do occur but are very rare.   

Our thoughts as ever are with the bereaved and the injured.

October 3, 2017 3:33 PM MDT