Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Education » Do you believe in 'astrology'?

Do you believe in 'astrology'?

Posted - September 26, 2017

Responses

It's a quack science and always has been.
      September 26, 2017 2:12 PM MDT

I used to do peoples astrology charts with a computer program back in 89. Every single person (all of whom i knew) seemed to fit the profile of there charts. I did each of my family members charts and it was uncanny how on target it was with their personalities. Yes i do believe it for the most part.
      September 26, 2017 2:17 PM MDT

• No, but that being said,  I'm never dating a Scorpio again....or an Aquarias... or a Leo. I'm just never dating again :)
      September 26, 2017 2:19 PM MDT

LOL!
      September 26, 2017 2:21 PM MDT

• :))
      September 26, 2017 2:23 PM MDT

Yes you will.  I read it in your chart.  ;-)
      September 26, 2017 4:22 PM MDT

• Meh:/ yay!!! Boo ... lol I don't know ;)
      September 26, 2017 4:23 PM MDT

I believe in it a little.. in that generally speaking I see certain similarities in certain signs.. not everyone for sure but yes similarities..  I also found that there were definitely some signs I was drawn to.. Intellectually  I am very drawn to Libras, but I have never had it work out with a Libra we clash horribly... I have a serious *thing* for Aries... I find them exciting :P 
      September 26, 2017 2:28 PM MDT

Im an Aries. Wanna make out?
      September 26, 2017 2:30 PM MDT

I thought you'd never ask :P  I do find I get on really well with Aries women too and and some of my most favourite women have been Aries :-)
      September 26, 2017 2:51 PM MDT

Well, that thought has been shattered a smidge. lol.  I'm an Aries. AND, I was married to a Libra.  ;-)   
      September 26, 2017 4:25 PM MDT

No, but I like being a Gemini.  I get to blame fickle behavior it.  
      September 26, 2017 2:40 PM MDT

Of course.   Do you believe in the Bible?

Same thing.  There are signs for those who can read spiritual signs.

September 26, 2017 2:49 PM MDT

I believe the Bible exists, as I do the writings of other cultures and religions. Nice stories.
      September 26, 2017 4:14 PM MDT

It was the ancients looking into the heavens that led them to formulate their theories about gods and creation. We have seen how these early ideals have been co-opted and molded into the seeds of the many faiths we have today. 
    With the advent of modern science, astronomy and cosmology, we can show how little those ancients got right. Almost nothing. 

As for the "Astrology" that begets nonsense like horoscopes and prophesy, its clearly only sideshow charlatanism. This post was edited by Don Barzini at September 26, 2017 4:08 PM MDT
      September 26, 2017 3:53 PM MDT

Agreed. I have shown mathematically how miniscule are the forces between celestial bodies and our bodies. They are calcuable by immeasureable, except for the sun and the moon. Math doesn't lie.
      September 26, 2017 4:12 PM MDT

• Nope, I do not. I put no stock in horoscopes or the zodiac and I certainly wouldn't use such a thing as the basis for a relationship. 
      September 26, 2017 4:04 PM MDT

No. It is merely a mish-mash of ancient superstitious beliefs that arose centuries or millennia before anyone knew the real nature of those little dots of light in the night sky.

I am aware many people swear by astrology and the like, but careful inspection normally reveals any of not knowing the differences between cause, correlation and co-incidence, a natural tendency to recall only those co-incidences that fit the belief, and a desire to make events fit belief. Moreover, the supposed evidence is held as such, no matter how tenuous the link and vague the fit.

Those who use astrology to (in their view) foretell their futures probably influence themselves to act to an extent sufficient to make them imagine the prediction had come true by external forces. It does not occur to them that they had made it a self-fulfilling prophesy.

The whole kit and caboodle belongs to the miasma of superstition inhabited by Feng-shui, pretty crystals, ley-lines, ghosts, ouija-boards, lycanthropy, Flat-Earthism, Creationism, tea-leaves, Tarot Cards and the like! It's fun seeing supposedly intelligent people take these things seriously even to the extent of sometimes frightening themselves, BUT .... it is NOT fun when they use these New-Age-esque beliefs to bully others.
      October 6, 2017 4:08 PM MDT

I don't believe in this ancient practice. The bible warns to never delve in astrology. (Deuteronomy 18:10-12)
      November 15, 2017 9:24 PM MST

If you ask God to give you signs and pick up a Horror scope, it is like a set of instructions answered in prayer form.   I just downloaded my own horroscope and I cannot believe how spot on it is.  This describes me to a T.  It is chilling it is so accurate. 

I'm serious.  Try it.  Don't judge.  Just ask God to please show you a message in words under your sign.

It's fun.  God won't be mad.  I have talked to Him many times this way and got some pretty sound advice.

Something resonates when the mind is open.   When you stop worrying that God thinks you are putting a silly horroscope before his words, as God to send you a message through that avenue just to see what I mean.

God won't judge you for being sincere.   He will answer.  Try it.
    Let's just see what God may want to say to me....

Sincerely.

November 10th Zodiac

Being a Scorpio born on November 10th, your personality is characterized by shyness, will-power and artistic talent. Mysterious and interesting, you rarely enjoy taking the center stage, as you much rather prefer to handle your work on the sidelines or behind the scenes. In relationships, you take the same shy approach, choosing to keep parts of yourself hidden. Your loved ones are often surprised as they stumble upon a part of your personality that they didn't know to exist. You appreciate artistic expression and enjoy to express yourself in art, music and/or writing.

Water
    November 10th Element

Your sign's paired element is water and as a Scorpio, you are the only zodiac sign to have a fixed connection to the element. Water's influence over your personality is obvious, as you often dive in the deep seas of emotion. From your emotional experience, you gain the ability to relate to others, which explains for your compassion. In ways you are similar to a river, determined and a bit stubborn at times, which becomes one of your greatest strengths in the face of adversity. Embrace water's positive qualities for personal growth, but take care to limit the moodiness and emotional instability that comes from an overindulgence in the emotions.
    November 10th Planetary Influence

Pluto is the planetary ruler of your sign, but as you were born the second Decan, or part, of the sign, Neptune also lends you its valuable planetary power. Pluto is the planet of transformation and is connected to your strong desire for power and growth. On the other hand, it is Neptune's influence that ties to your sensitivity, vision and compassion. Your unique planetary combination make you more artistically inclined and sensitive than the other Scorpio Decans. While sensitivity is key to so many of your strengths, it begins to dominate your life if you allow it. As you have a strong fear of being emotionally hurt, you are overly cautious in exposing your true self. You will always strongly experience the highs and lows of emotion, so allow your loved ones to share in both.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 15, 2017 9:50 PM MST
      November 15, 2017 9:43 PM MST