Active Now

Slartibartfast
Malizz
Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The Donald John continues to INSIST he will not benefit at all from the tax cuts planned. Do you believe him? Why?

The Donald John continues to INSIST he will not benefit at all from the tax cuts planned. Do you believe him? Why?

Posted - September 29, 2017

Responses

Because as a smart investor in commercial real estate, he has accountants who know how to (legally) use deductions for mortgage interest, property taxes, depreciation, and operating expenses to minimize the amount of tax due. This is the greatest benefit of owning property, and many other folks besides President Trump do the same thing, albeit often on a smaller scale.

Know anyone who owns a house or apartment building they rent out? I guarantee you that they're doing exactly the same thing. It's not only smart, but all perfectly legal.
      September 29, 2017 10:03 AM MDT

Of course he wont. He has thoroughly paved the way for a Democrat president next term, no matter how many houses the GOP may hold.
    And with the precedent of Trump trying to abolish Obamas work, it shouldnt be difficult to get rid of those tax cuts.
      September 29, 2017 4:54 PM MDT

He has 3+ years to benefit. IF the plan becomes law. What makes you think he won't benefit in that period of time? IF IT PASSES? Of course I think that will be highly unlikely. Another failure to add to the dotard list. Thank you for your reply JakobA and Happy Sunday! :)
      October 1, 2017 3:32 AM MDT

Tax cuts benefit everyone except those who need assistance from the government. I cannot give you a blanket statement about whether those people are evil spongers or the poor who are so frequently mentioned in the bible as people we should help. I suspect they are all kinds, some bad, some good, some too proud to take any help, I do not remember Jesus saying a single word about their moral fiber, just 'the poor' and *those in need'. This post was edited by JakobA the unAmerican. at October 2, 2017 2:55 AM MDT
      October 1, 2017 5:24 PM MDT

Not prorportionally JakobA. Not according to what I've read. For example eliminating the Inheritance Tax will save the Trump kids billions when the old man dies. Who else benefits? Not the poor or the middle class.  They don't have enough money to have an estate to pass on. Certainly Trump always puts his own self first and you know empirically that he will benefit bigly or it won't happen. Now how bigly we can't know because he hides his tax returns.  Also the poorest will have their tax rate go from 10% to 12% if what I read is accurate. Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday! :) This post was edited by RosieG at October 2, 2017 3:01 AM MDT
      October 2, 2017 2:59 AM MDT

Tax cuts benefit everyone except those who wish parasitically feed on society.

Does it benefit him at the expense of others? No.

If you understood business you'd know that business is about competition. The billionaire class want high taxes because they know it suppresses their competitors. 

Big business evades and avoids tax though even if they have to pay a higher rate it DOESN'T MATTER. The most important thing for them is getting a large market share.

60% of a monopoly is a lot. 80% of a small market share is not much. This post was edited by Zeitgeist at October 2, 2017 4:46 AM MDT
      September 30, 2017 2:23 AM MDT

Tax cuts create revenue. Create jobs. Don't believe it? Google "Start Up NY" New York offering businesses 10 years of 0% taxes if they start businessses and create jobs. Why would Liberal NY do that if it does not work?

I don't care if Trump will benefit. He is a business man. He knows what it takes to create jobs, to bring money back to our country from others. This means other businesses will also benefit and have a reason to bring our jobs back and expand jobs here.

As far as the death tax....no one should be taxed because they died. Why should my children loose what I worked my life for because the government wants a cut. I paid taxes on that income every year. Why should they get more just because I died? 
      October 2, 2017 4:59 AM MDT